If you live with a dog and have carpets, then you know that keeping things clean can be physically difficult and emotionally straining. Let alone trying to get hair out of your carpets, especially if you have a long-haired or dense-carpet dog.
Not only does dog hair have a nasty tendency to spread all over the place; it also is difficult to remove and can cause a real fuss to clean. If you have an extra-large, furry dog like a Lab or Greyhound who sheds a whole lot, then this can make for a seemingly endless (and emotionally depressing) task.
But there are products available that will reduce and eventually eliminate the amount of hair you have to pick up. These include a host of things such as high-quality vacuums, grooming tools, and services you can hire in order to keep unwanted dog hair under control. There’s also a whole host of other things you can do to make dog hair cleaning during the day a little less daunting. But for those times when the laziness strikes, there’s nothing better than a robot vacuum cleaner.
In fact, a robot vacuum cleaner can be one of the most effective tools you have to bringing your dog and your house together in a state of harmony.
And finding the right one for you can save you a whole lot of effort and irritation in the long-term.
|eufy by Anker||Best Overall|
|DeenKee DK700 Robot Vacuum||Budget Pick|
|Roborock S5 Robotic Vacuum and Mop Cleaner||Upgrade Pick|
1. eufy by Anker
- Slim Design
- 1300Pa suction
- Quite operation
- Self-charging, virtual boundary marker and Alexa integration
- BoostIQ free memory mapping to clean all room layout
- Two side rollers and one rear wheel
- 9-stage mapping with 360-degree coverage
- No mobile application to control the device remotely.
- Annoyed by all the dog shed circulating around your house? The eufy by Anker BoostIQ RoboVac 11S is a vacuum cleaner with plenty of power to get rid of pet fur and tangles lying around.
- The suction capacity is more than enough to pick up dog hair that most other vacuum cleaners can’t even hold.
- The Anker BoostIQ RoboVac 11S comes with 1300Pa of suction capacity, coupled with a low-profile design that fits under most furniture pieces.
Works with Alexa, Google Assistant.
The suction is strong at first but it’ll decrease as the battery runs low. By then, it’ll be time to recharge the vacuum and your house will be as clean as it possibly could be.
2. Roborock S5 Robotic Vacuum and Mop Cleaner
- Simple Wi-Fi connectability
- Rain fly attachment
- Strong power
- Dirt sensor
- Not much
- No app that you can use after the initial install
- Sensors only work from 10-15 feet.
Finding the best robot vacuum for dog hair can be a difficult task. There are tons of options out there from various companies, and some of the top ones include the Roborock S5, the Neato Botvac D80 and the iRobot Roomba 690.
The Roborock S5 is the most popularly priced, Wi-Fi enabled robot vacuum. It is able to pick up almost any kind of debris, and has an advertised battery life of two hours. This advanced robot vacuum has sensors and mapping technology to avoid obstacles and furniture. It has a comprehensive mapping architecture, and a pressure sensor that measures the resistance of the floor. This technology allows the robot to map out an entire room.
This robot vacuum works best on carpets, tiles, smooth hardwood floors, and even carpets. It is able to pick up pet hair and fine debris. The dual-surface cleaning mechanism includes a double brush roll to loosen debris, a suction-sucking system for fine dirt, and a side sweeper brush that reaches along walls and under furniture.
3. ILIFE V3s Pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- 100% tangle Free Suction
- Slim & Compact Design
- Shape & Weight Similar to Real Human
- 5-Minute Daily Charging Time
- ±5mm Working Accuracy
- 7.2V 2000 mAh Li-ion Battery
- 2X Longer Life
- 0.6 Liter Tank Capacity
- ±2mm Working Accuracy
- Smaller Dustbin (0.3L)
The ILIFE V3s Pro Robot is your best bet if you want a reasonably priced robot vacuum that has decent performance when it comes to picking up pet hair.
With a slim body that weighs just about 5.5 pounds, this robot vacuum will certainly fit in tight corners with its 0.6 Liter dustbin and built-in suction will work its magic without any major issues.
Apart from its great suction, the ILIFE also comes with two edge cleaning brushes that helps it clean along edges in tricky places like baseboards and around furniture, and the brushes also provide some barrier protection on stairs.
4. eufy by Anker
- Water Resistant: Meant to function in wet environments
- Less Clutter: Automates vacuuming, allowing you to spend time doing more productive things
- Super Thin: Identical in size to a human finger
- Self-Charging: Automatically returns to its charging station to charge
- Good for Pets: No longer worry about your pet crawling onto the dirty floor
- Good for Kids: Safe and worry-free vacuuming
- App Control: Download a free app that allows you to control your robot vacuum with your smartphone
- iRobot Lighthouse: Creates a virtual perimeter in your home that identifies where your Roomba has been and where it needs to go
- Boundary Strips: Separate spaces that require specific cleaning attention
- Quiet: Powerful suction without the noisy hum
- Walls: Will not clean walls
- Thresholds: Will not cross thresholds
- Carpet Height: Will not cross carpets that are 1-inch or higher in height
- Curves, Edges, and Corners: Tend to have trouble with sharp curves, edges, and corners
Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, and Homekit (V2 Mar).
5. iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Can be scheduled
- Built-in sensors prevent it from bumping into walls or falling down the stairs
- Self-charging and returns to the base to charge itself when the battery runs low
- Connects to Wi-Fi
- Cleans a larger area than most robot vacuums, even cleans areas larger than itself
- Works for carpets as well as hard surfaces due to a combination of spinning brushes
- Has a HEPA filter to reduce allergens in the air
- Comes with virtual wall barriers to increase efficiency of cleaning, and a remote to control the device
- Includes a reusable filter, a dual-use dirt bin, dog hair extraction tool, and virtual wall barriers
- Can be scheduled to clean at a certain time every day
- Has trouble finding its way back to the charging dock after cleaning, and may get stuck
- Might get stuck under the couch
- Cannot recognize objects in its path and will avoid them with a safe distance
The Roomba 675 is one of the most popular robot vacuums available on the market. It boasts great features that keep it up to date with its competition while still being easily affordable.
6. Coredy Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Affordable price
- Anti-collision function
- Good cleaning performance
- Poor customer service
- Can choke on pet hair
The Coredy Robot Vacuum Cleaner is my top pick considering the low price and impressive cleaning performance. The Coredy is a budget-friendly option that still manages to perform admirably and comes packed with a number of handy features.
From the name, you’d expect that the Coredy does an excellent job cleaning hardwood floors with its tri-brushing system. However, it actually does a better job picking up pet hair than on hardwood floors with its soft motorized brush.
Despite its powerful suction, the Coredy can also “dock” itself automatically and resume cleaning the next day. If it gets stuck, it will find its way to its charging dock, which is perfect for those who live in apartments and don’t want to spend several minutes picking the little guy up.
7. Robot Vacuum
- Available at multiple price tags
- Easy to use
- Cleaning can be scheduled
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Multiple cleaning modes
- Has a remote control
- Made in China
- Brand doesn’t have a good reputation
- GOOVI customer service is very slow
- Can get stuck under chairs
- The suction on the lower settings is weak
- Not the best quality
Works with Alexa and Google Assistant,.
8. iRobot Roomba 614 Robot Vacuum
- Easy to program
- Self charging
- Virtual Wall Lighthouse helps to keep Roomba from entering or leaving a particular area
- Easy to empty and clean
- Does not have a HEPA filter
- Not good for pet hair on hardwood floors
- Some users find the Roomba 614 pricey for the features
For this list I looked for the best average rating to see which robot vacuum garnered the best overall reviews for pet owners like us. First on the list for its superior ratings and features is iRobot Roomba 614 Robot Vacuum.
It received an average user rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars from almost 11,000 reviews. One review said “It is great, especially for people with a lot of pets or carpets.”
The Roomba 614 has a Dirt Detect Series 2 feature that allows it to pick up more dirt than its predecessors. Another feature called Crawl Control helps maintain Roomba’s integrity while moving over various floor types. No need to purchase different Roombas to clean specific floor types like hardwoods or carpets.
9. Coredy Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Comes with HEPA filtration
- Offers 4-stage cleaning process
- Easy to use remote
- Works on a variety of surfaces
- Can cover large surface areas
Ionizer(Extra-Large Cleaning Area, Temperature Control(Red)).
With a sleek, ergonomic design and automatic self-charging, this robot vacuum can clean your home continuously without any human intervention or assistance.
The innovative design of this vacuum is a massive plus. It can navigate smoothly around the house in every direction and clean under every piece of furniture, so that you can enjoy a truly clean home.
10. Coredy Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Budget friendly
- Small and lightweight for easy storage
- Cordless and easy to clean dust bin
- Has a homing function
- Smart navigation can avoid obstacles, returns to base automatically
- Scheduled cleaning function
- Can pick up small debris such as popcorn
- Blades don’t get stuck or clog up easily; also replaceable
- Battery only lasts about an hour
- Works best on hard surfaces; carpets are more difficult
If you’re looking to clean a small apartment/house or for less than 2 bedrooms, then this robot vacuum is the right choice. Not only it can be a great gift for Valentine’s Day, it also comes with a one year warranty and a lifetime technical support for replacement. As a Coredy customer, you’ll never be alone at the end of the line.
The vacuum is tiny and convenient to carry around the house. You need to plug it into the wall for charge and then just press the power button to turn on. It has a dustbin which is easy to clean when it’s full.
11. Roborock S4 Robot Vacuum
- A truly powerful vacuum
- Larger dust box
- Works on all floor types
- Can be controlled with Alexa
- A bit noisy
- The cliff sensors can be a bit over sensitive at times
- You cannot set boundries or do room mapping
- The navigation can sometimes be a bit slow
The Roborock S4 is an elegant device designed to keep your house sparkling clean. It offers an arsenal of awesome features to make cleaning a lot easier.
The vacuum is designed around a powerful motor that generates 2000Pa (20 kpa) of suction power, which is essentially double the suction power of the Roborock S5. This power makes it the best robot vacuum for thick carpets like the stairmaster.
It is equipped an auto-navigation system that allows it to clean in a wide variety of environments without the use of an external mapping apparatus. It produces an up to 4.5-inch height drop-proof fall.
12. BISSELL EV675 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Easy to use
- Not too noisy
- Option to clean a spot or go to random cleaning
- Smart app and automatic docking station
- Helpful indicator light
- Only good for pet hair
- Has trouble picking up corns
As it’s name suggests, this is a robot vacuum cleaner for pet hair, because it’s designed to clean hair. It comes with a motorized brush roll that sweeps away hair in all directions, and a bristle brush that sweeps hair off of furniture, stairs, etc.
The EV675 is also equipped with an edge-sweeping brush that allows it to get deep into corners, a convenient carrying handle/hanger, and an auto/manual mode switch.
What I also like about it is the self-charging dock (a dock that the vacuum returns to when battery power is low), the 7-day programmable timer, the LED indicator light, and the two buttons that give me the option to clean my location or go to random cleaning.
13. Robot Vacuum
- Scans room, plan available paths, and adjusts accordingly
- Intuitive remote control
- Intelligent auto return to charging station
- 5200pPa superior suction power-can suck hairy objects
- Use 2.4GHz wifi technology, 2.8km remote control distance
- Sucks up soft hairs easily,not suitable for more than about a week's worth of hair
- Sucks up a dust bunny or two, which requires manual cleaning.
- Might not pick up small stuff on carpets because of its weight
Rugs for Home and Office, Black.
Once you have found your ideal candidate here are the most important features to look for when evaluating a Roomba for pet hair.
The larger, the better.
14. Amarey A800 Robot Vacuum
- Timer Function, Self-Charging, Multiple Cleaning Modes
- Exceptional Battery Life
- Super Suction
- Strong and Durable
- Easy to Control Remote
- Budget Friendly
Tile, Area Rugs, Under Desks, Tables, Sofas.
And finally, our last pick for the best robotic vacuum for dog hair is the Amarey A800. It’s a self-sustain cleaning unit equipped with auto-sensing capabilities and a host of sensors that allow it to clean up all the dust and dog hair all over your home.
Numerous reviewers praised this vacuum for its powerful suction, excellent battery life, and its ability to clean beautifully around the edges and corners of the floor with high precision. Overall, the A800 earned a rating of 4.7-stars on Amazon, which is very impressive.
15. ILIFE A4s Robot Vacuum Cleaner
And Pet Hair, White.
A4s is an upgraded version to A4 that comes with 100-110 mins running time on 100% full charge, 3-5-8 hrs. Running time in power saving mode, self-charging and auto return features, as well as 2 speed control and 1 hour auto-clean with the highest suction.
Strong Suction: A4s has a wide area coverage and its 4300 Pa strong suction and high efficiency air path design help it pick up pet hairs, dust and other particles on hard floors.
16. Roborock E35 Robot Vacuum and Mop: 2000Pa Strong Suction
- Easy to schedule (except for the Amazon Alexa)
- Easy to set up and use.
- Incredible value for the money
- Excellent customer service
- First robot vacuum that actually cleans under furniture
- Silent mode is quiet enough to vacuum even while you are home (with app control or voice)
- Various cleaning modes
- Schedule mode works well.
- APP and voice control are equally good.
- State of the art mapping and navigation technology.
And Resists Stairs.
17. Roborock E2 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Carpet boost
- Strong suction
- Easy app control
- Technologically advanced with self-charging battery and voice control
- Good eco-friendly device
- slightly heavier than usual
- Not suitable for small apartments or singles
If you are looking for a vacuum cleaner which is great for pet hair, the Roborock E2 is your best bet due to the special pet hair cleaning mode. Another thing in its favor is the fact that it is the only robot vacuum which comes with a Navigation Internal Route Plan. As a result, it would take 21 days for it to clean the whole area area that is covered by the robot.
Roborock E2 is equipped with 13.5Mpa suction power, which is top class. That power provides the robot with enough force to sweep through rugs and carpets. Moreover, it has 498 ml of dust capacity, which means it can be run all day before you have to empty it. However, if you have pets, it is worth emptying it more often because the hair buildup inside the robot can affect its performance.
18. Ecovacs DEEBOT 500 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Powerful suction at 150Pa
- One button, auto-recharge technology
- A useful timer
- Safe environment monitoring system
- An anti-collision system
- Bare floor and carpet cleaning
- A 1250mAh battery that lasts for 120 minutes
- Not waterproof
- Not suitable for large homes
When it comes to small robot vacuum cleaners, the Deebot 500 is arguably the best. It fits in small spaces, cleans quietly, and is hassle-free to use.
However, this “small” robot that won’t take up much space on your floors will still amazingly clean up the largest of rooms. It comes with several modes that are accessible with a press of a button – Max power cleaning mode, Scheduling, Auto, Max, and Spot.
The target mode will allow you to micromanage cleaning, while the Scheduling function will allow you to set a specific cleaning time.
19. DeenKee DK700 Robot Vacuum
- Available at two sizes 7.87" & 10.49"
- Ideal for pet hair and allergies
- Compact and lightweight
- App control
- A bit louder than other models
- Sometimes, tends to get stuck under furniture
Long Hair,Rechargeable, Automatic with 2.5 hours of run time
The DeenKee is one of the most impressive and affordable robot vacuum cleaners we reviewed, and it can be used for a large variety of cleaning applications: hardwood, laminate, and tile floors, faux wood, carpet, and most importantly pet hair.
Weighing less than 5lbs, the DeenKee is one of the lightest robot vacuum cleaners on the market, making it more agile and easier to control. Featuring a high-quality 1400Pa vacuum that copes with pet hair with no problem at all.
20. Premium Automatic Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Very durable
- Handles different floor types
- Segmented cleaning path means less overlap and a clean home
- Great for pet hair
- Super intuitive app that offers customized cleaning plans
- A very useful scheduling feature for the no-brainer users
- Super quick, easy to operate, automatic cleaning
- The perfect vacuum for apartment living
- You need to invest in the largest available dust box if you want to avoid constant cleanups
- Sucks on high pile carpets
- There is a pretty wide margin for error before it bumps into a wall, furniture or any other object around the home
Our favorite is the ILIFE V5s Pro before we discuss why, we must first understand what this robot vacuum is and what it’s made for. The ILIFE V5s Pro is a budget friendly vacuum robot that’s made for homes with pet hair and surfaces that are sensitive to being scratched and dented.
This robot vacuum makes up for 8 hours for every 5 hours of charging thanks to its massive battery inside. It can manage to clean for about 90 minutes every single time before returning to it’s charging bay, recharging its battery and getting back to the grind.
21. Robot Vacuum
- 2,800mAh high capacity
- Quieter operation than other robot vacuums
- Efficient cleaning
- Can be easily tangled
- The suction isn’t on par with Dyson
- Price point may be too high for casual users
& Other Surfaces, Easy Empty Dust Cup, Works with Alexa, Google Home & IFTTT(Black).
The iLife V7s robot vacuum is unquestionably one of the best robot vacuums on the market. Its combination of high performance and an inexpensive price point make it the perfect choice for someone looking for a cost-effective way to keep their floors tidy.
Now, I know, I know, it’s really not that hard to sweep your floors. But if you’re like me, you’re busy. You have a family, kids, work, and more. You’re just not going to find the extra 15 minutes in your day to sweep your floor. And that’s why you need the iLife V7s robot vacuum. It can do the job for you while you’re off doing other things.
22. Robot Vacuum
- Easy to set up
- Great navigation system
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
- Easy-to-empty dirt collection bin
- No hoses or cords
- No loss of suction
- Allows users to create cleaning schedules
- Excellent customer service
- Comes with 1 Year limited warranty
- * Can’t climb stairs
—“—“—“— Ur £220. 4.8/5(2281)Editors' Choice-2102 Reviews—“—“—“— Buy Now
23. Roborock E25 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Never Needs To Be Charged ‘ the battery lasts for around 180 minutes
- High-end mapping and navigation systems
- Smart Control – supports Alexa, Google Home Connect, and Smart Assistant. Plus, there’s a remote control
- 25min Auto Charging and Infinite Standby
- Built-in Mopping Function
- Can Mop and Vacuum Simultaneously
Roborock is a pioneer of high-end robotic vacuums. It’s the first robotic vacuum manufacturer to be officially certified by iRobot.
And the E25 delivers. It works great on carpets, hard floors, and pet hair. The battery duration is rated at 180 mins. And the vacuum returns to its dock and recharges itself automatically. It includes two types of mopping pads. For the wet mopping, all you need is a bucket and some water. It can clean a 2400-square-foot area before it needs charging.
There is also a scheduling feature to have it turn on and off at appropriate times – both for cleaning and for not bothering you. But if you like to tinker, you can customize the cleaning areas and tell the manufacturer how to clean any area of your house.
24. GOOVI Robot Vacuum
- Can be controlled via the app or a virtual remote
- A 50-minute battery life
- Remembers the place it started cleaning from
- Cleans carpets & hard floors
Works with Amazon Alexa (Black).
The GOOVI Robot Vacuum is a great option for pet owners who own hardwood or other hard flooring. It’s got an amazing battery life and it’s due to the brushless motors that help this cute little vacuum move around your home with ease.
The GOOVI features a slim profile (1.1”) and a futuristic design. This vacuum can fit under furniture, but unfortunately, it’s got no sensors to avoid bumping into furniture so it can knock chairs over if it’s too close.
25. Pure Clean Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Great battery life … 90 minutes is extraordinary
- Gets most debris on bare floors
- Multiple sensors prevent it from falling down stairs
- You can schedule it to automatically dust with the press of a button
- You can view a detailed report about the status of the bot
- It navigates well enough around obstacles
- The company stands by its product
- It's more budget friendly than most competitor bots
- Not great on carpet … it can get stuck under chairs
- Doesn’t do well on higher pile carpets
- Does not come with wall-charges so you have to do that yourself
- It's pretty loud compared to most robot vacuums
- You can't put it on a schedule if you only want it one day a week
It's hard to go wrong with the Pure Clean Robot Vacuum.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best robot vacuum for dog hair?
The best robot vacuum for dog hair should be able to easily handle fine, stiff, and long hair. Best suction robot vacuum should have features such as multi-surface cleaning, scheduling, Edge cleaning technology, extra attachments, and easy-to-use cleaning modes.
The robot vacuum’s suction power is also an important factor when picking a robot vacuum for dog hair. Robot vacuum with strong suction power can suck up pet hair from carpet and furniture efficiently. However, you also need to check for the robot vacuum that makes less noise. This is very important, especially if your pet becomes scared of the robot vacuum and tries to escape whenever you turn it on.
Robot vacuum for dog hair might be heavy with wheels so the robot vacuum can run and work easily on various floor types. You also need to check the weight because heavier robot vacuum is more durable.
Are robot vacuums good for dog hair?
Robot vacuums are outstanding devices for removing dog hair. They work extremely well as there are no cords to get tangled up in and they clean the floors better than a human possibly could!
With that said, in order to use a robot vacuum effectively for dog hair, you’ll want to make sure you choose a device that you have access to control manually. We recommend a model that offers a remote control feature. It gives you much more control over your vacuum and you can direct it exactly where you need it. Plus, it allows you to start the cleaning action to tackle a mess quickly.
What is the best rated vacuum for pet hair?
Unfortunately, there’s no single vacuum that serves as the best vacuum for pet hair. This is due to the many different types of dog hair …. and obviously, the different types of vacuum.
Can a Roomba handle dog hair?
Roombas are great at keeping your house clean. But for it to be able to do that, it has to do a clean job of vacuuming. Pets contribute to dust and pet hair in your house. We’re sure you’re aware of that. If you’re sometimes thinking that pet hair may be a limiting factor for you and the Roomba, think again.
Yes, they do an excellent job with pet hair. It is known as one of the best robot vacuums for dog hair. You do not need to worry about pet hair clogging up or slowing your Roomba down.
The Roomba does an excellent job of sensing and cleaning up pet hair. Pet hair is not a problem for the Roomba. It will clean your floors just how you want them.
As you can see from the chart above, there’s a significant difference between the best robot vacuums for pet hair on the market and the worst. If you’re looking for one that will do a great job of collecting your dog’s pet hair, we think the best option is the iRobot Roomba Pet Series premium, which outperformed the other models in our tests by a pretty big margin. It’s also got a lot of features that make cleaning up pet hair easier.
|eufy by Anker||Best Overall|
|DeenKee DK700 Robot Vacuum||Budget Pick|
|Roborock S5 Robotic Vacuum and Mop Cleaner||Upgrade Pick|