It can be difficult to find the best heating pad for dogs. There are a lot of options, lots of prices and styles to choose from, and you don’t want to pay for something that’s inferior and won’t help with your pet’s comfort.
Here we’re looking at the best heating pads for your dog. We’ll cover some of the top-rated heating pads, different types and sizes available, and help you find the best heating pad for your specific situation.
|RIOGOO Pet Heating Pad||Best Overall|| |
|Furhaven Pet||Budget Pick|| |
|Heated Pet Mat||Upgrade Pick|| |
1. RIOGOO Pet Heating Pad
- Automatic Shutdown and Overheat Protection
- Other Features
The RIOGOO Pet Heating Pad is the top choice because it has all the features of the best heating pads for dogs in 2020 and they are well integrated.
The best thing about it is it protects your pets from getting burned when they touch the overheating pad. When the temperature is high, it turns off automatically.
It heats quickly and evenly. It is cool to the touch and it prevents the mattress from getting damaged. It is made of high-quality materials and built to last long. It works the same as the other expensive ones, lasting for 5 years or more.
2. K&H PET PRODUCTS Lectro-Soft Outdoor Heated Pet Bed
- Great for inclement weather
- Ear flaps for extra warmth
K&H has been making quality pet products since the 1940s. They’re dedicated to providing innovative, highly-functional solutions for your pets at a fair price. Their Lectro-Soft Outdoor Heated Pet Bed is just one of the many products they offer.
This bed provides a cozy surface for your outdoor cats when the temperature begins to drop. The bed perfectly fits their outdoor cat shelter or a conventional kennel. The waterproof, zippered cover makes cleaning the bed is simple and easy. Just unzip the cover, remove any dirt or hair, and throw it in the washer. The cover is easy to put back on the bed thanks to the zipper.
The bed includes a ThermOZONE® heat element to keep the bed at seventy degrees when the bed is on low. The ThermOZONE® technology gets less hot than the ceramic brands and is also more durable than the element wrapped in steel tubing. It has a smaller inner core and a larger winding surface. It works by transferring the heat to the surface area.
3. MARUNDA Pet Heating Pad,Cat Dog Electric Pet Heating Pad Indoor Waterproof,Auto Constant Temperature
- Plenty of heat settings
- Padding is easy to clean
- Sturdy frame
- Cord is a little short
- Cord tangles easily
5 Heat Modes.
This heating pad has several great features including a nice auto shutoff feature. It has five different heat settings, which makes it perfect if you want to change the heat up or down depending on the time of year.
This product is clearly both pet and owner friendly, it is safe, durable, and provides just the right amount of warmth. The bottom is waterproof and the frame is strong and sturdy.
4. Pecute Pet Heating Pad Low Voltage Safe Electric Heating Pet Mat
- Affordable Price
- Easy to clean (washer/dryer safe)
- Great for small and medium dogs and cats
The Pecute Pet Heating Pad is a cost effective, safe, and efficient way to keep your pet warm during the colder months. It uses low voltage (12V) and has a power consumption of less than 1W. This product has been independently safety tested in New York, USA.
5. Snuggle Safe Pet Bed Microwave Heating Pad
- Convenient clip on feature
- Easy to use
- Very comfortable
- Portable … great for traveling
This heating pad is very convenient and easy to use. It comes in small, medium, large, and x-large sizes … all of which are available in small, medium, and large. The small size is for collies, the medium for German shepherds and Labs, and the large for Saint Bernards. The x-large size is for bigger dogs, like great Danes, but you can always heat it up and wrap it around a regular size Snuffle mat. This heating mat is approximately 2 inches in length by 1 inch in width and weighs 1 pound.
You can use it on a table, floor, car, bed, couch, anywhere! You can even wrap it around another mat to add a little extra heat. You can take it out and wash it with your laundry. Be sure to wash it separately though. It is machine washable on a delicates setting.
It takes approximately an hour for it to turn to its original warmth. This heating pad will last about six hours once it is switched on, making it a great heating pad for those who are going to be traveling.
6. EACHON Heating Pad
- Automatic safety shut-off
- Resists chewing
- 5 adjustable temperatures
- Available in 2 sizes
- No on/off button on the device
- Some customers received damaged/defective products
With thousands of excellent reviews it is no wonder this heating pad for dogs is our top choice. This may be the last heating pad you buy!
With adjustable heat settings you can easily determine the amount of heat your pet will be comfortable with. The temperature can be automatically adjusted to remain at your preferred setting. In addition to the automatic temperature adjustment, this heating pad also comes with an automatic shut-off. This will prevent overheating and allow you to relax while you are not home knowing that your pet will be safe.
The outer pad is waterproof to help avoid accidents from occurring. The pad uses a chew-resistant steel cord which is strong enough to handle a dog’s teeth. Unlike other heating pads, both the safety switch and cord are on opposite sides. This helps to ensure that your pet will not chew through the cord.
7. petnf Upgraded Pet Heating Pad
- Automatic shut-off to prevent overheating
- Perfect for small dogs and cats
- Wireless remote
- Additional heat-control safety
- Easy to clean
- Some users had issues with the unit not heating to set temperatures.
- The LCD screen can be difficult to read
Electronic Pet with LCD Screen.
The pets’ heating pad comes with buttons on the remote for the increase/decrease of the temperature. It allows a range of 0-45 degrees Celsius (32-113 degrees Fahrenheit) meaning that you can set the temperature as per your pet’s needs.
The pets’ heating pad has two PID heating coils which provide heat with no visible light.
8. Furhaven Pet
- Pet temperature control
- Good for large pets
- Machine washable
- Does not cover the entire surface
- No shutoff option
(42"L x 32"W x 4"D)
The Self-Warming Pad by FurHaven features unique thermal properties that work to keep your pet warm and comfortable. It’s great for dogs and cats, and it’s available in 8 sizes.
This pad requires an electrical outlet and the temperature is controlled using a wired controller. It’s safe for both indoor and outdoor use as it’s waterproof. The pad’s fluff is made up of small grains that store and release thermal energy, keeping your pet warm and cozy. As it’s machine washable, it’s really easy to clean and maintain.
9. AILEEPET Pet Heating Pad Large
- Large size: 61 x 31.5 cm
- Extra soft and warm
- Auto power off safety protection
- Overheating prevention
- Three adjustable modes to fit your dog’s needs
- The controller can be a bit tricky to use at first
- The instructions are easier said than done as they are in Chinese.
A little over a decade ago, a curious pet mom and her family started a pet company to help pets keep safe and healthy during cold weather. They started in the small city of Qingdao in the east coast of China and since then have become one of the most popular pet companies in China.
One of their most popular products, the Aileepet heating pad is an auto power off heating mat that won’t overheat your fluffy friend.
10. Homello Pet Heating Pad
- Variable timer (15-120 minutes)
- Non-slip rubber backing prevents the pad from slipping around
- Waterproof outer material
- Chew-proof cord
- Convenient remote control
- Polyester material
- A bit pricey
- Fabric easily absorbs liquids
HomeLOK® Pet Heating Pad is one of the best heated blankets for pets of all sizes.
It promises to keep your pet warmer for longer (up to a week), reduce anxiety, and relieve pain and swelling.
According to the manufacturer, the product is made of waterproof polyester fibers that provide comfort and safety for the pets.
11. K&H Pet Products Self-Warming Pet Crate Pad
- Heating pad is completely enclosed by a removable, washable, water-resistant outer material, which is polyester.
- The 100-watt heated comfort pad can be detached from the crate pad and plugged into any ordinary nearby electrical outlet.
- The convenient run-through cord means you don't have to reach into the crate to turn the pad on. It is also detachable so you can hide it away when crate pad is not in use
- Two warming zones allows to adjust temperature for your pet.
- A zipper on each side of the pet pad allows covering with a sheet or blanket
- The product can be machine washed and dried.
- The pad is 6 inches deep
- As it uses electricity, there is a risk it could malfunction.
- We found a persistent complaint regarding the material. The complaints suggested that, after the first month in use, the outer material becomes uncleanable. There are some buyers who also said they experienced itchy feelings or rashes after prolonged use.
Although there are some down sides, K&H Pet Products are worth investment. The widely loved heating pad appears to be a complete care kit for your pet. It is waterproof, washable, safe, reliable and energy efficient.
12. Pet Heating Pad
- Keeps your pets warm and comfort in the cold
- Easy to use and carry to anywhere
- Waterproof and safe for environment
- Controlled by remote control
- Suitable for any sizes including small, medium and large dogs
How do you keep your dog comfortable on cold days without having to spend a ton of money on dog sweaters and jackets?
You could always invest in a dog sweater, but this is a hassle and not something that will be practical when you travel. If you’re interested in keeping your dog warm, you should consider adopting a pet heating pad.
These heating pads offer a safe and warm solution for your pet without the need for a lot of extras.
13. OMORC Pet Heating Pad
- Multiple Heat Settings
- Perfect For Dogs
To find out which heating pads for dogs might be right for you, we considered factors that include price, durability, and temperature control. Our top pick is the Omorc Pet Heating Pad for Dogs. The heating pad comes with multiple heat settings, is water resistant and can be placed on any indoor surface.
This product will wrap you, your car, your VCR, your dog, or anyone else you want to tightly warm up. At 12 volts, it will keep you warm whether it is inside or outside your vehicle.
One of the main features of this product is the auto shut-off system, which is designed to turn off the heating pad once it reaches a certain temperature level. This is done in order to prevent any accidents with kids or dogs who like to chew on things or playing around with it.
14. Whitney Pet Heating Pad Cat Heating Mat Waterproof Pets Heated Bed Adjustable Dog Bed Warmer Electric Heating Mat
- Larger than many competitors
- Can be reversed to provide different temperatures
- Adjustable temperature settings
- Suitable for travel
- Machine washable
- Operates on low power
- No smart phone app control
- A bit bulky
When it comes to heating pads for dogs, the Whitney Pet Heating Pad is by far the best one out there. This product is far more versatile than anyone else’s heating pads we reviewed. With four different sizes available, there’s a size to fit every medium sized dog. Plus, they are even compatible with a number of different other pets like cats and horses.
When it comes to the heating pad its self, there’s absolutely no competition. With the largest surface area available on the market (17.7” x 17.7”), this pad provides the most comfort possible for your dog. What’s even better is that you can reverse this pad, creating another large space dedicated to keeping your dog warm.
15. NICREW Pet Heating Pad
Reusable and Adjustable For Pets of All Sizes.
Whether you’re practicing a deep tissue massage on your pooch or you’re using it in case of a sprained muscle, the NICREW pet heating pad is a must-have accessory for any pet parent.
The perfect temperature is one of the most important factors to consider when purchasing a heating pad for your dog – after all, overheating is a possibility that needs to be considered and avoided at all costs, but on the other hand, your pup can become cold easily, especially when lying down.
16. K&H PET PRODUCTS Pet Bed Warmer
- Great For Dogs And Cats
- Large Coverage Area
- Easy To Clean
- Replacing The Heating Elements Requires A Lot Of Effort
- Cable Length Is Limited
The K&H Pet Bed Warmer is an excellent choice for dog owners who want to keep their pets safe and warm at night. It features both safety and convenience, as well as durability and flexibility.
The heating bed is designed to keep its occupant at a comfortable temperature all night long. It’s super soft and will protect your furry buddy from painful, frozen toes in the winter or hot and irritated paws in the summer.
The edges and corners are fully covered, providing your pet with maximum warmth and comfort.
17. Heated Pet Mat
- Icy Mats large pet mat
- Very safe and versatile. You can easily attach it to a bed, bed frame, dog house, or crate.
- The measurements of the mat are 45 x 25 x 1.5 inches
- It can be placed in very cold temperatures.
- The temperature can vary from medium to high
- The mat has overheat and overcurrent protection. This will protect both you and your dog.
- It comes with a one year warranty
18. OTOFY Pet Heating Pad
- Suitable warmers for animals weighing up to 50 pounds
- It is the quietest heating pad in the market, and it can keep the room noise-free
- It can be a perfect gift for your beloved pet
- It is easy to use, and it can provide the comfort as well as safety for your pet
- It is designed in well-ventilated and airy mesh, which makes it comfortable for your pet
- It makes a good sleeping partner for your pet relieving cold in the winter
- It is safe and relief for your pet
- It is the ideal choice for your pet for it is easy to use, operate, and maintain
- Only appropriate for dogs
- Vinyl cover makes it easy to stain
The pet heating pad helps in achieving the comfort that was once only accessible to humans, and it turns you from a person who simply takes care of the pet to a real loving owner. It is considered as a device that can make the comfort level of your beloved pet higher, and this equipment is the answer to the question of how to keep pets warm in the winter.
19. Amzdest Pet Heating Pad
- Can be placed on a floor or elevated at bed height for easy access
- No hard wires
- Maximum temperature can be set
- Warranty comes with the product
- Very durable
- Controlled by remote
- No auto shut off
- Need to check on it regularly
Amzdest pet heating pad is one of the best pet heating pads on the market. Not just because of its price, but you're getting a lot of value from it.
This dog heating pad is an alternative to an electric blanket as it comes with two being constant controls. One is the medium and one is the high heat setting, along with the temperature setting which ranges from 80 to a max of 110-degrees Fahrenheit. You can also choose the type of setting you prefer whether you want it to be on a low setting that you can vary to a higher setting that is consistent.
The heating pad cover is machine washable, which means you can clean it up quickly and without trouble. The extra layer of fabric allows you to clean the cover easily.
20. Zobire Pet Heating Pad
21. K&H Pet Products Microwavable Pet Bed Warmer Blue 9" x 9"
- Very effective
- Very inexpensive
- Safe for use on dogs and cats
- Temporary use
- Provides very little warmth
This is a quick way to warm up a pet bed. It heats up in a couple of minutes. It is easy to use. Simply pop it into the microwave for two minutes and its ready to go.
It provides very little warmth. The instruction booklet lists a number of example temperatures. They list a 160 degree heat pack level. My bed didn’t even get to 150 degrees. My bed measured 120 degrees after it was heated in the microwave for 3 minutes.
The instructions say to use it for up to 15 minutes. That would put the bed at close to 190 degrees. That is far too hot for a pet bed. The instructions also say to remove it when it is still warm to the touch. Well, it is extremely difficult to let it cool to the touch. I placed the bed outside to let it cool. It reached room temperature in less than half an hour. That means it is possible to use it for 2 rounds of use. My bed was too hot for me to place my hand on it and it would take far longer for it to cool to the touch.
22. Nemobub Pet Heating Pad,Thermal Thick Cashmere Self-Heating Blanket Mat,Cordless Dog Cat Heating Pad Outdoor,Replaceable Washable Cover,Anti-Slip Bottom,Suit
- Suitable for cats and dogs
- Includes a simple washable cover
- Non-slip bottom keeps the pad in place
- Includes two additional smaller mats
- Not recommended for dogs with a tendency to chew
- Not as warm as some of the other pads
With Additional 12'' x8'' Mat.
There are a lot of people out there who are looking for heating pads for their cats and dogs, and the Nemobub is one of the more sought after products. The product has a few different features that you might find interesting. In this formulation we’re trying to find the best heating pad for pets, so in this Nemobub review, we’ll look at the aspects of this product that make it a good fit for people with pets, followed by the things that are less than ideal.
The overall design of the Nemobub heating pad is simple and effective. It’s made out of a nice soft fabric that will be easy for your pet to snuggle up against. There are small ventilation holes on the pad to help your pet get the air flow they need. The pad itself is about 18 inches by 24 inches, which means it should work for most dogs, but isn’t quite as big as some of the other pads out there.
23. Toozey Pet Heating Pad
- Multiple heat settings
- Easy to clean
For Cattle, Small Animals, Puppies, Hamsters, Ferrets, Birds and more.
If you have a pet that suffers from stiffness or pain from arthritis or just age, then an electric heating mat like the Toozey Pet Heating Pad is a great investment.
This heating pad is designed to be used for animals, so you can be assured it’ll stand up to the rigors of everyday life.
24. egosopp Pet Heat Pad 20''x15''
- Does a great job keeping a temperature in a specific range
- Waterproof material
- Very loud, which is a bit unsettling for a frightened animal
The EgoSop pet heat pad is great for animals that are scared of thunder. Having a pet that is scared of thunder is not uncommon in dogs, as thunder is such an unnatural sound it can scare even the most courageous of dogs.
If you have a pet that is scared of thunder (or any other loud noise for that matter), this product is currently the best out of the market.
Monitoring the temperature of your pet with this heating pad is made simple thanks to a remote control that will help you adjust the temperature without having to get up from your comfortable position on the sofa.
25. popsky Pet Heating Pads
- Outer non-slip fabric cover with a smooth microfiber inner surface
- 7 different temperature settings adjustable in 5˚C(9˚F) increments to customize the fit for your pet
- Safe 3M(9.4CM) chew-resistant cord
- Safety protection design
- The mat is sewn multiple lines strong seams, durable and comfortable, not easy to break
- Maximum area suitable for dogs or cats, not just at home but also for outside use
- Also work for people with injuries and physical therapy
- Electric heating pad can instantly warm up
- Warm the pet's bed, blanket, mattress, eliminating the need to bring a separate pad
- Can free from the pain and anxiety that the sick animals are suffering from
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is heating pad safe for dog?
Veterinarians recommend heating pads for dogs with arthritis, hip dysplasia, and other joint problems as a hip or joint injuries may cause joint pain in dogs. Indicate that electric heat pads can help relieve joint pain by keeping the animal’s body.
According to veterinarians, when heat is applied to some areas of the body, the blood vessels in these areas of the body dilate, causing the external and internal bleeding of the body. Gradually, less blood flows through the tissues, which makes the tissues to be less swollen, relieving pain in the joints. However, veterinarians warn that most heating pads do not have a thermostat that controls the temperature of the heating pads, which means that there is the risk of injury or burns.
What is the best heating pad on the market?
In our opinion, the best heated bed for a dog is the Snuggle Pet by ThermaPet. It’s a soft and comfy cushion that provides long-lasting warmth for your dog. The pad has a thermostat and can be used at the dog’s normal bedtime. We really like the way this paw-friendly heating pad was designed. It’s the best view of the digital control and temperature display. It’s also activated by a simple switch instead of the actual pad being hot. It saves the dog from having to lay on the warm pad.
The Snuggle Pet is suitable for dogs of all sizes as it is extremely thick and has a removable pillow insert. It is also designed with a non-slip surface that prevents the pad from sliding off your pet’s bed.
Do cooling mats for dogs really work?
A good heating pad for dogs is a great way to provide an alternative to cold floors and can even save you money on dog heating bills in the winter.
A heating pad for dogs is not for every dog, and you may have to experiment a bit to find out what your dog likes best and what works in your home. Many dogs seem to prefer the convenience and even the luxury of a warm bed over a heated pad (a bit like people!)
Whether you need to heat your dog bed or just want an extra layer of warmth, you should be able to find the right dog heating pads for you and your pup from these reviews of the best pet heating pads.
Is a heating pad good for a dog's arthritis?
Heating pad have a lot of benefits to provide to their users. The following is the most prominent ones.
A heating pad is beneficial in pain relief. It offers great relief in case someone encounters back pain. It is also very useful in relieving you from the pain caused by injuries. It is also very beneficial in reducing muscle pain caused by trauma or surgery.
A heating pad can help break up the adhesions or scar tissues. Adhesions can limit the range of motion of a joint for any person. Adhesions can make movement painful if they are very tight. A heating pad can be very useful in reducing adhesions or scar tissues.
This type of heating pad is also useful in the recovery process of any surgery. if you have undergone a surgery and you are advised to take a rest, a heating pad can be really helpful. It can help you to get back to work immediately after an operation.
A decade ago, if you searched for the best dog pet heating pad, you were left with either a heating pad for humans that you could buy at a store or just return to your local grocery store. Although they are still widely used by owners, the use of foam, felt, and flannel has given way to a plethora of heated dog beds, mats, and pads. Today, we feel as though we have compiled a list of the best options on the market. Not just those for you, but for your dog.
|RIOGOO Pet Heating Pad||Best Overall|| |
|Furhaven Pet||Budget Pick|| |
|Heated Pet Mat||Upgrade Pick|| |