It also makes it easier for older dogs and those with disabilities … or dogs with a voracious appetite.
Before you make your purchase, here’s what you need to know.
|PetFusion Elevated Dog Bowls||Best Overall|
|FOREYY Raised Pet Bowls||Budget Pick|
|Unleashed Life Collection||Upgrade Pick|
1. PetFusion Elevated Dog Bowls
- Simple but beautiful bamboo design
- Solid one piece construction, no screws
- Sturdy loop edge for no-slip bowls
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Weighs 2.2 lbs
- Short legs can be unstable
- Can be hard to fill to the top of the bowl
Handmade in USA
PetFusion Elevated Dog Bowls are an excellent choice for your beloved pet’s food and water. They are made from eco-friendly bamboo material. This high quality elevated feeder is not only easy to clean, but also pretty. It really adds a touch of elegance to your home or office.
What’s more, these dog feeding mats are FDA approved, BPA-free and non-toxic. It’s designed to prevent your pet from making a mess.
2. Baron Single Bowl Dog Feeder
- Elevated dining height
- Stainless steel food bowl resists scratching
- BPA Free, Non-toxic, Dishwasher safe (top rack only)
- Elevated Diner gives your dog more room
- Ideal for small-medium size dogs
- Multiple colors to choose from
- Dog owners love all the positive reviews for the Baron Single Bowl Dog Feeder …
- Can hold any type of dog food
- The stainless steel bowl can hold frozen kibble
- The non-skid rubber feet keep it sturdy and secure
- Bowl is not removable
- Some dog owners complained that this elevated dog feeder doesn’t fit all sizes of dog food
A dog feeder that will make your dog feel like a king is the Baron Elevated Single Dog Feeder. It’s a high-quality, heavy duty, stainless steel dog feeder that gives your dog a proper dining height for a more comfortable and enjoyable feeding experience.
This elevated dog feeder is just the right height for small medium size dogs. It’s the perfect dog feeder for smaller and medium size dogs.
The Baron Elevated Single Dog Feeder comes in many different colors and unique designs that will surely fit into your home’s decor.
3. Premium Elevated Dog and Cat Pet Feeder
- Sturdy brushed stainless steel construction
- Great for senior or arthritic pets
- Very easy to clean
- Easy to use (adjustable)
- Not the best looking elevated dog bowl
- Not dishwasher safe
With Joint Problems or Overweight Lazy Pets!
One of the best things about this elevated dog bowl is that it comes with a second stainless steel bowl that your pet can use for water; perfect for senior pets, arthritic pets, or overweight pets that need some hydration.
This particular elevated dog bowl comes with rubber grips on the bottom to keep it from sliding around on the floor. In addition, there’s a rubber ring at the bottom to keep it steady as it slides on uneven surfaces, for example, your kitchen tiles.
4. BestVida Sparks Pet Feeder
- Removable bowl and dishwasher safe
- Adjustable height settings
- Easy to setup and maintain
- Can feed two dogs simultaneously
- Bowls have no edges to narrow down food
- Doesn’t take up much space
- The grooves accommodate for different kibble types
- Might rust after a period of time.
- This dog feeder is completely worth the investment because it does a really great job of eliminating all the problems that most pet owners face.
Pet Fountain, Resuable Water Bottle (20-Ounce).
To begin, it is completely customizable. You can set the height, the number of steps on the stairs to reach the bowl, how many bowls, and so on.
They also provide you with a set of balls for the stairs so that your dogs can reach the bowls easily by simply throwing the balls on the stairs and climbing.
5. Moretti Elevated Dog Diner
- Available in 2 sizes
- Great for big and small dogs
The Moretti Elevated Dog Diner is an affordable elevated dog bowl with an oblong shape and enough space to accommodate a small to medium dog.
The bowl is made of BPA free plastic and features non-removable rubber feet. It is available in three sizes, small, medium and large, to best fit your dog’s needs.
The large bowl can easily handle a small to medium dog, and the small one can hold up to 1.5 cups of water.
6. FOREYY Raised Pet Bowls
- Very affordable
- 2-bowl set
- High quality material
- Can hold heavy pets
- Available in 4 colors
When it comes to pet bowls, the quality is often sacrificed for the price. But that’s not the case with the FOREYY Raised Pet Bowls. They come in a set of 2 for small dogs and cats, so you can keep one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom.
These bowls are made of 100% bamboo, which is not just a luxury material – it actually feels better on your hand and is also very durable. What’s more, as an eco-conscious product, they are made of organic bamboo.
Despite the fact that these raised pet bowls are made of bamboo, they are as strong as stainless steel, and you can even set them on a rough tile floor without worrying about potential scratches.
7. Platinum Pets Modern Double Diner Feeder
- The ceramic bowls come in three different sizes
- Made with a non-slip mat
- One of the cheaper and more durable elevated dog bowl feeders on the market
- It’s not ideal for dogs over 40 pounds … but most are
- The ceramic bowls have a hole in the middle so liquids can slip out
S, Raised Dog Feeding Station Pets Cats Dog Feeding Bowls, Anti-fatigue Double Dog Cat Feeder.
I can safely say that for the price you pay for this product, you’re getting an amazing deal. The traditional dog bowl is something that creates a lot of frustration among dog owners.
For starters, there’s often a whole lot of mess and water drain at the foot of the bowl when the dog drinks. Another common complaint is that it’s difficult to get your dog to drink water if he doesn’t like water.
8. PetFusion Elevated Dog Bowls
- Washable (easy to clean)
- Great elevated dog bowls for senior pets
- Tapered shape fits well in feeding spaces
- Available in small and large sizes
Are best for small breeds, incl. dogs and cats (for larger pets, please see PetFusion Benji Feeder), Works for both dry foods and wet food, Washable dog feeder, Indoor, raised dog bowls, Travel dog bowls, I feed my dog wet food in a bowl, raised dog bowls, best dog bowls for dogs, elevated dog bowls.
9. Lepet Elevated Dog Cat Bowls
- Made with a 3mm eco-friendly, waterproof lacquer finish
- Perfectly accommodates dogs and cats of all ages
- Very easy to assemble and clean
- Saves your pet’s joints from unnecessary pressure and stress
- Can be used outdoors and indoors
Pet owners often overlook the devastating effects that pressure can have on their pets’ joints, especially as they get older. The easiest way to keep your pet healthy and happy is by providing them with the right nutrition and essential can care. The elevated dog bowl is a blessing to pets of all kinds, especially cats and older dogs.
This bowl minimizes the pressure on their joints, helping to avoid potential joint problems and arthritis. Although it maintains their independence and control over their food and drink.
This raised dog cat bowl is made of waterproof 3mm eco-friendly lacquer solid bamboo and is colored with non-toxic paint, which means it is safe for your pets. It can hold any type of pet food, but it is also perfect for water bowls for drinking.
10. OurPets Comfort Diner Elevated Dog Food Dish
- Easily portable
- Strong plastic
- Available in a variety of different sizes for different dog breeds
- Dish slides out easily to make cleaning a breeze
- Dogs can chew through the plastic
- Dogs can tip the bowl to get more food easily
- The edges don’t stand up on their own
- The lip on the front makes me nervous the wooden floors
Our Pets’ Comfort Diner comes in many different sizes and isn’t expensive at all relative to other raised food dishes for pets that you can buy.
Made with a BPA free polymer plastic, the model is available in 4 inches, 8 inches and 12 inches for dogs of different sizes.
The surface is also easy to clean by sliding out the interior bowl for a super easy cleaning, and the fact that it has a small lip on the front makes me much more confident that it won’t slide off of any table.
11. Internet's Best Modern Pet Feeder White
- Good capacity
- Simple design
- IONIC Ozone Technology
- Available in 3 colors
The Doggy Elevated Feeder model might very well be the best-selling feeder on the market. Boasting an amazing 4.6/5-star rating in over 2,000 reviews on Amazon, you can be sure that thousands of dog owners have found these bowls to be comfortable and safe for their pets.
Each of the dinner bowls features a rubber lining on the outside to protect floors while adding traction for the dog. The non-skid base also acts as an anti-microbial layer to decrease odor. With the added indentions in the side of the bowl, the dog is ensured a comfortable upright feed.
While the higher price than some of the competing elevated dog feeders may seem a bit much, the fact that the bowls are dishwasher safe, IONIC Ozone Technology helps to keep microbes from building up, so they can stay cleaner, and a guarantee for pets to be completely comfortable, it is clear why people are willing to pay the extra money.
12. Flexzion Elevated Raised Dog and Cat Pet Feeder Bowls
- Also great for cats
- Large reservoir
- Sturdy assembly
- Non-skid mat
- Very large
- High price
This raised dog bowl stand is not only stylish but very functional. I especially like how the stainless steel bowls features rubber rings for a great non-slip hold.
The double bowl feeding station is ideal for your dog and cat whether you have a large breed or a small one.
Also, the dog food stays in its place despite the fact it is raised off the ground.
13. Neater Feeder Express Elevated Dog and Cat Bowls
- EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE
- High-Quality Materials
- Sturdy and Doesn’t Tip
- Plenty of Size Options
- No Messy Spills
- Dishwasher Safe
- Great for Cats, Not So Great for Bigger Dogs
We have found that most elevated dog bowls are more suited to cats as opposed to dogs. A lot of dogs will tip them over, or drag them by the bowl to get to their food. If you have one of these “spoilt” dogs that can’t stand to have their food or water bowl anywhere other than flat on the floor. Then you can try our top recommendation the Neater Feeder.
The Neater Feeder is an elevated dog bowl that was created specifically for dogs. They have taken all of the dog specific issues with other elevated dog bowls and created a bowl that is designed to not tip over. It is made of a 100% stainless steel material, which means that it is also completely dishwasher safe.
14. Super Design Elevated Dog Bowl Raised Dog Feeder
- prevents dogs with sensitivities to certain floor materials from ingesting particles from their surfaces
- The non-skid feet prevent slipping or movement on countertops or tables
- It has a raised edge on the bottom to reduce the chances of spilling when the dog drinks from the bowl
- The durable ring and pin design will hold fluids and food bowls tightly
- The bowl is large enough to hold about 1.7L
- Easy to clean, dishwasher safe
- The bottom of the bowl is textured so it doesn’t need any special pads or mats underneath
- Some reviewers mentioned the bowl is lightweight and slides on tile/wood flooring.
The Super Design elevated dog bowl helps dogs with sensitivity to certain flooring materials. So if your dog is trying to eat the floor, Super Design High Elevated Dog Bowls will help you prevent your pet from eating floor particles.
It minimizes the strain on your dog’s neck by raising their bowl to your kitchen countertop. This simple change will make your pet more comfortable so they can eat without stress.
It is also made of non-skid material so bowls and food won’t spill onto your kitchen countertop. Its raised edges help reduce regurgitating and vomiting.
15. Pet Junkie Summit Elevated Dog Bowl
- Sleek and functional design
- Large capacity
- Easy to clean
It is important to note that dog bowls for any pet require special attention during the cleaning process.
One of the most spectacular features of the Pet Junkie Elevated Dog Bowl is that it comes with a stainless steel removable inner bowl that is perfect for thorough cleaning. That is a pretty invaluable feature to have, considering that it removes one extra step in the cleaning process.
Highly functional and simple, this bowl is wide and elevated in an effort to keep your canine’s chin off of the ground. It is also available in multiple colors such as silver, black, and white, allowing you to choose from the universally loved, simple, and classic sets, or one of the kits with bolder colors.
16. VIVIKO Bone Style Pet Feeder
- Very affordable
- No assembly required
- Versatile, with bowls for food and water
- Stainless steel bowls
- Raised bowls keep your dog healthier
- Space saving design
- Aesthetic design
- Easy to clean
- Simple design, pretty in the home
- High quality, looks like a piece of art
- Some dogs may not be used to eating and drinking from the elevated dish and trip over the dish
- The bowls are metal, not ceramic
- Stainless steel bowl can be too heavy for smaller dogs
Dishes for Puppies and Dogs up to 110lbs.
Our top pick is the VIVIKO Bone Style Pet Feeder for Dog Cat, Stainless Steel Food and Water Bowls with Iron Stand, Dishes for Puppies and Dogs up to 110lbs. This dog bowl stand is made of sturdy stainless steel. Featuring bone shape, the dog bowl stand demonstrates your unwilling to share the power of protection and beautiful love for pets. Customers love the bone shapes, and its overall quality and performance.
The dog bowl stand makes it easier for you to clean and maintain. The stand is washable, however it will take some effort to remove the stains. Overall, the material is very sturdy. The design ensures that your pampered pup keeps his or her food or water fresh and clean.
17. Flexzion Stainless Steel Elevated Dog Bowl Feeder
- Cool, sleek design
- Completely non-slip rubber bottom
- Additional double suction cups grip
- Raised food bowls
- Can be used as water bowl
- Raised dog bowls come with a removable water bowl
- Additional side retention clip attaches to any flat surface
- Water bowl is completely removable
- Stainless steel bowls and non-slip rubber pads
- Raised bowls for dogs are easy to clean
- Not enough detail in description
- Bowls are not big enough
- Many negative reviews
- Not suitable for small dogs and puppies
- The inner ring may not fit properly on raised dog bowls
The Flexzion Stainless Steel Elevated Dog Bowl Feeder is a great elevated dog bowl. These raised dog bowls have a side retention clip to attach to any flat surface. Water bowl included. Raised dog bowls also come with a removable water bowl that is completely spill-proof.
The Flexzion Stainless Steel Elevated Dog Bowl Feeder comes in three sizes: large, medium, and small. Each size comes in two variations: a raised dog bowl without a water bowl and one with a water bowl.
18. OurPets Elevated Bone Feeder Raised Dog Bowls
- Benifits include: Keeps pet bowl from getting knocked over, allows dogs to eat and drink without having to bend down.
- Clean and easy to use and keep clean
- Vets recommend elevated dog bowls because they promote better digestion
- There are 4 different sizes available: 4” wide x 9.5” long x 9.5” high, 8” wide x 9.5” long x 9.5” high, 12” long x 10.5” high, 16” wide x 10.5” high
- Made of 18/10 stainless steel
- Dishwasher safe
- Made in the USA
- Bonus Offers
Our Pets provides a simple solution for elevated dog bowls. If you’re not aware, your pet’s lower or flat bowl is bad for their health. Each and every dog is designed to eat and drink while looking up while in a sitting position. This forces their digestive track to work in the most optimal way.
19. Unleashed Life Collection
- Available in seven color schemes
- Raised design for less mess
- Stylish countertop bowl
- Doesn’t have a very wide base
- Bowls aren’t dishwasher safe
If you’re looking for a raised feeder for your pets, the Unleashed Life Collection isn’t just for dogs. It can also be used for cats, guinea pigs, among other small animals.
Being a raised feeder, it provides your pet with a food bowl that’s not on the floor, which makes it safer for them to eat. It prevents them from eating too fast and causing them to choke, and there’s also less risk of a larger animal stepping on their food and causing them to spill and splatter water all over your floor.
The Unleashed Life Collection is as stylish as it is functional. It looks great sitting on your countertop and definitely makes an impact to your home. It comes in seven different color options, including gray, red, blue, pink, black, white, and clear. You may notice other bowls that come with a wider base for support. However, this one has a lot to support already, thanks to the sheer weight of the raised design.
20. OFTO Raised Double or Single Bowl
- No harsh plastic material
- Large bowl size
- Very functional and convenient
- Solid stainless steel
- Hand crafted in the US from solid pine wood and stainless steel
- Takes up a lot of space
- Bowls are small for standard dog breeds
- A bit on the heavy side
- Not bulk friendly
- Assembly may be needed
The OFTO Raised Bowl for Dogs is a single bowl or double bowl option, which gives you the ability to raise your dog’s food and water above the floor (ideal for larger dog breeds). This concept provides a healthier way to eat by improving your dog’s posture while also creating a more comfortable environment for them.
Access to food is more comfortable for your dog thanks to the raised bowls, and it’s easier for you to keep your kitchen clean when there’s less slobber to clean up.
The stainless-steel bowls are easy to clean, and they come at a lower cost than other elevated options.
21. Regal Double Bowl Elevated Diner
- Keeps Pets Dry and Clean
- Encourages Good Posture
- Great For Long-Legged Breeds
Elevated food/water bowls are an absolute must if you have a dog that is eating or drinking on the floor.
Apart from keeping your pets clean, they’ll also prevent a whole range of ailments like gastrointestinal issues, allergies, and joint problems.
They’re also great for senior dogs and animals recovering from surgery, as it’s much easier to eat and drink from a raised bowl.
22. Platinum Pets Single Olympic Diner Feeder
- Easy set up
- Dog steps are very durable
- Well packaged
- Attractive color
- Solid, heavy duty plastic and stainless steel
- Easily cleanable
- No leaks
- Might be hard to put on concrete floor
- Some units were missing required hardware
- Many dogs tend to jump up to eat, and soft base made of rubber might not be good for their back
- Perfect for any home
- No more messes on your floors and carpets
- Keep the dog’s water bowl off the floor for better hygiene and comfort
- Ideal for small to large dogs
- Space-saving and cool modern design
- Not available in Amazon
- Dog bowl stand
23. Petmate Easy Reach Pet Diner Elevated Dog Bowls 2 Sizes 2 Polished Colors
- Elevated to prevent water from spilling
- Easy to clean
The best elevated dog bowls are a must have especially when you live in a small space.
Some elevated dog bowls are low to the ground, making it easy for your dog to spill their water. Instead of making a mess, the Petmate is elevated so the water bowls are off the ground with a sturdy base.
These elevated dog bowls are stylish and the perfect feeding bowl for your pup.
24. BobbyPet Adjustable Raised Double Stainless Steel Dog Diner Bowls. Elevated Standing
- Ideal for small and medium sized dogs
- Made of high-quality stainless steel
- Doubles as a water dish or food bowl
- Made with no chemicals and is also BPA free
- Raised height allows your pet to eat and drink without bending his or her neck
- The rubber bottoms of these bowls can be removed for easy cleaning
- Two bowls can be combined into one when not in use
- Includes a measuring line
- The top cleans easily under running water
- Non-slip rubber feet
- Does not have a non-slip bottom
- The bowls should be hand-washed
- No removable lid
The Bobby Pet elevated dog bowls are part of the more than 16,000 products I have reviewed since 2010, most of which I have personally checked out. You too can shop confidently knowing most of my recommendations are made after personally trying them out.
This dog water bowl is no exception. I have used raised feeders for my pets for the past 10 years or so, so I will explain how this product compares to those I have used.
Because my pets are elderly, I look for a raised dog food bowl that will benefit their fur babies. All modern day elevated pet feeders have at least one of the following benefits:
25. Pet Parade Elevated Pet Bowl Tray
- Great for cats and dogs with orthopedic issues
- Lightweight, but sturdy aluminum construction
- Easy to clean
- Very affordable for what it is
Our top pick is the Pet Parade Elevated Pet Bowl Tray – a Great Buy Product. It’s an affordable option that provides your pet with ample space for food and water while preventing possible orthopedic issues.
There are plenty of elevated dog bowls out there on the market, but not all of them have a large enough tray to accommodate two bowls. However, the Pet Parade Elevated Pet Bowl Tray has plenty of room for two bowls of water or food or both!
The steel frame is very lightweight but still very sturdy. It’ll hold the weight of two bowls filled with food and water easily. Plus, you can remove the steel frame completely to wash it in the sink, or place it in the top rack of the dishwasher for easy cleaning.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is an elevated dog bowl better?
Indeed, elevated dog bowls are all the rage. We like to call them “No drip dog bowls.” Upping the bowl is one of the best ways you can keep messes to a minimum and make cleaning up your pet’s water bowl a breeze.
The tallest of the bunch is the Pioneer Pet, Pet-It Elevated Dog Bowl. It’s 10 inches tall (thus its name) and holds 5.5 cups of water. It’s made of stainless steel and can be found at a great price on Amazon.
Which dog bowls are best?
It’s true not all dog bowls are created equal. Many dog owners base their decision on only one thing: price. The logic being that a higher priced bowl must be better.
If you’re on a budget, this may give you some peace of mind; but price does not guarantee quality. Some of the best dog bowls are more affordable than others. But ultimately you should be looking at the quality of the bowl rather than the price point.
So how do you do that?
Look for durable, high-quality material that is free from toxic chemicals, including BPA and PVC. You don’t want to feed your dog from a bowl, which is known to contain harmful toxins. Wooden or glass bowls are excellent choices because they are fully biodegradable.
How high should I elevate my dog's bowl?
If your dog experiences vomiting, this is usually a sign of bloating due to gas. You should elevate your dog’s bowl to make it easier for your dog to eat. If your dog is an older dog or has sensitive gums, then you may want to place a few pieces of cloth beneath the bowl to make it more comfortable.
This is a must for big dogs like German shepherds or Huskies which enjoy a hearty meal that can cause them stomach trouble if they eat too fast. The dog bowl that we recommend is the Elevated Pet Feeder with 2 Stainless Steel Bowls.
What is the best material for a dog bowl?
Plastic bowls are the most common option and the most affordable. One common myth is that the plastic is actually bad for dogs but that’s not true. There are even some cheaply-made bowls that are not safe for dogs like the blue bowl. So before you buy a dog bowl, make sure to examine the bowl carefully. When you find a high-quality plastic bowl, you shouldn’t have to worry about its safety.
There are expensive ceramic or stainless steel bowls. Ceramic bowls are heavier than plastic bowls, so your dog will have more difficulty tipping it over. Stainless steel bowls have the same safety issues as ceramic bowls. Stainless steel bowls are often difficult to clean and have a higher price tag than plastic bowls. That’s why you should stick with plastic.
Elevated dog bowls have become popular in recent years, leading to a number of new products being introduced to solve a particular problem or meet a particular need.
All the products we cover in this article are currently some of the most popular alternative dog bowl products on the market. We have reviewed each product based on both user experience and quality of materials and manufacturing and have determined that the best available currently is the Arcat Pet Elevated Dog Bowl.
|PetFusion Elevated Dog Bowls||Best Overall|
|FOREYY Raised Pet Bowls||Budget Pick|
|Unleashed Life Collection||Upgrade Pick|