When a dog is feeling at its best, he or she is happy, energetic, and healthy. That’s why giving your pup the very best dog vitamins is a great first step when it comes to all things dog health.
Taking vitamins is often a daily requirement, so it’s no wonder dog owners aren’t always sure which ones to buy.
In this review, we’ll take a look at the best dog vitamins on the market for your energetic pup.
|Sure Grow||Best Overall|| |
|VetriScience Laboratories-Canine Plus Senior||Budget Pick|| |
|Muscle Bully Puppy Naturals||Upgrade Pick|| |
1. Sure Grow
- Natural formula
- Availability only at one retailer
When it comes to picking the best dog vitamins for your furry friend, it’s best to go through reviews to get the best possible product as all the others might have certain side-effects. Heck, even your local vet will advise the use of vitamins for your dog.
So, for our pick, we considered Sure Grow, which is a natural formula. The vitamins are available on Amazon at a 25% discount. They contain no artificial or chemical preservatives, colors or flavors. The package contains 100 tablets which is precisely enough for a one-month supply.
The manufacturer says that dog vitamins by Sure Grow can help dogs maintain a healthy coat, skin, teeth and bones. Now you know how important vitamin intake is for your pet dog.
2. Zesty Paws Multivitamin Treats
- In addition to no added sugar, Zesty Paws multivitamins for dogs have no artificial colors, no artificial preservatives and are free of wheat, corn, soy, dairy, yeast, and beef.
- Zesty Paws soluble fiber helps support regularity.
- Zesty Paws is also a good source of vitamin B12, a water-soluble vitamin needed to break the digestion of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats in the dog’s stomach.
- It also contains pectin, a soluble fiber that allows fecal matter to move through the intestines.
- Also, Zesty Paws packs minerals, such as zinc, as well as the vitamins B6 and B12.
- Phosphorus is an important mineral in bone formation and maintenance.
- Arginine, one of the 22 amino acids, is essential for building proteins and for helping the body to repair and regenerate muscle tissue.
- Also, it’s a good source of niacin, which is a B vitamin that helps break down the carbohydrates obtained from food so that they can be converted to energy.
- In addition to niacin, it has choline, another B vitamin.
- It also has riboflavin and thiamine, B vitamins that help release energy from the food you feed to your pet.
3. 10 in 1 Dog Multivitamin
- 5 year shelf life
- Quick and easy to administer
- Treats a wide range of common deficiencies
- Money back guarantee
- Remember to give your dog the proper dosage
- Make sure your dog is taking a balanced diet in addition to the dog vitamins
The Merrick 10 in 1 dog multivitamin is the best dog multivitamin of 2019 with the highest recommended daily allowance of vitamins and minerals per serving. It also includes chondroitin and glucosamine; nutrients good for your dogs joints.
It has the essential vitamins for your dog, such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D3, vitamin E, vitamin K, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, biotin, pantothenic acid, calcium, iron, copper, chloride, iodine, manganese, molybdenum, selenium and zinc.
With this dog vitamin, you can also expect to see your dog’s digestive health improved, their eyes and skin healthy, and a state of general wellness maintained. Additionally, this safe formula contains fish oil to benefit your dog’s heart health; glucosamine to support joint health; probiotics; and prebiotics.
4. Health Extension Lifetime Vitamins
This is a great product, but the size isn’t exactly perfect for my dog. I have a smaller breed, so it’s almost like a sample container, but it works. It’s small enough to hold in my hand, but it’s big enough to squirt into her mouth a few times a day.
There are people who came to Amazon to just slam this product, but they completely missed out on a great product. They are comparing this to the dog vitamins that you get at the grocery store. However, this isn’t like that at all.
5. Muscle Bully Puppy Naturals
- Contains Probiotics, Omega-3s, and Antioxidants
- Scientifically Formulated Ingredients
- Value for Money
- A Bit Large Dog Tags
- 50 lb Bag Recommendation, Unless Mix With Other Foods
It's not easy to pick a dog food when you have a large breed dog. You'll be looking at about 8 cups of food a day. That's quite a volume to prepare. What usually grinds the gears is the difference in ingredients in most large breed dog food.
These are not optimal for your dog's health. They are usually just an attempt on the company's part to cut corners in order to provide the lowest quality of ingredients, at the lowest possible cost.
The fact is large breed puppies are in a different category. They need different nutrition and grow at a much faster rate as well. These products are designed specifically for them.
6. The Missing Link Supplements
- Made in the USA
- Higher protein levels in the formulas
- Contains fresh ground flaxseed
The Missing Link is a premium pet supplement that has been in the industry for over 75 years. It’s manufactured by the Hartz Mountain Corporation. The company specializes in animal specialties and they’ve been recognized by the Better Business Bureau with their A+ rating.
The Missing Link has four formulas that cover everything from Senior care (Senior) to Skin & Coat (Skin & Coat) and Hip & Joint Nutrition (Hip & Joint).
The formulas have unique blends of vitamins, minerals, nutrients and amino acids to offer your pet the best possible nutrition.
7. The Missing Link Original Hips & Joints Powdered Supplement
The Missing Link is a great supplement that can be used for dogs, horses, cats, and even humans. The idea behind the product is that your pet can’t absorb the nutrients they need through normal food.
The Mixed link is a powdered supplement that you add to your pets food. All you have to do is add it in with a normal meal and you can see results the same day.
A lot of people are happy and would highly recommend the missing link to another dog owner.
8. Zesty Paws Senior Advanced Glucosamine
- Delivers quality ingredients that can help with the dog’s mobility
- All natural and made in the USA
- Too large for puppies thereby causing an obstruction in the mouth
The Zesty Paws senior advanced joint supplement is a complete product especially designed for dogs that suffer from mobility problems and arthritis pain due to hip and joint deterioration that can occur as they grow older.
The Zesty Paws relief supplement is a formula comprised of vital ingredients such as green-lipped mussel, hyaluronic acid, joint supplements such as glucosamine and chondroitin. It also contains curcumin, turmeric, MSM and omega 3 fatty acids that work to combat inflammation as well as calm the joints making them comfortable and further adding to the mobility of the dog.
The formula works to soothe aching joints and the natural vitamins and minerals it contains deliver essential nutrients. It is a product that can help your dog stay active and maintain its mobility as it grows older.
9. VetriScience Laboratories-Canine Plus Senior
- Packed with antioxidants to help boost overall health
- Added ingredients for joint support
- No artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives
- Recommended by veterinarians
- No added wheat or corn
- Expensive compared to other brands
- Mixed reviews for cats
Seems like full grown adult dogs need more than just meat and water and that is why veterinarian Ranch Li has decided to create this supplement. Thanks to a little help from the Veterinary Health Assessment Center, VetriScience Laboratories made this amazing multivitamin that helps top the list of must have supplements.
According to the FDA, preformed vitamin A can be toxic above 10,000 IU/kg. However, this product doesn’t contain any amount of preformed vitamin A.
When it comes to the joint support, it’s more than just chondroitin sulfate, glucosamine, and MSM. The glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate are clinically studied and medically proven to help your pet’s joints and it’s made from clean ingredients.
10. Nutri-Vet Multi-Vite Chewables
- Produces Great Results
- A Great Bioavailable Source of Vitamin C
- High Bioavailability
- Supports Strong Bones
- Can Be Used As A Supplement
- Also Comes In Small Tablets So You Don’t Have To Give A Large Pill
- Chewables Are Hard For Elderly Dogs To Swallow
- Doesn’t Contain Vitamin K Or Vitamin E
The Nutri-Vet Multi-Vite Chewables is a quality supplement, especially for seniors and older dogs. This supplement is formulated with vitamins and minerals in order to support the health and development of senior dogs. Specifically, this supplement provides amino acids, antioxidants, selenium, and niacin for healthy, strong bones. It also comes in small tablets, which means it is better suited for dogs with dental problems or other issues that make taking a big ol’ pill difficult.
11. Pet-Tabs Plus Advanced Formula Vitamin Supplement
- Great to strengthen immunity
- Great for dogs with sensitive stomachs
- Available in a variety of flavors
- Made in USA
Pet-Tabs Plus are a great way to add the vitamins and antioxidants needed to keep your pet’s body running well. One of the best things about these vitamins is the fact that, unlike many on the market, these are made in the USA.
Pet-Tabs Plus is a great way to help your pet stay healthy as it is full of vitamins and antioxidants. It also has a palatable chicken flavor, so those not so jazzed about taking a pill every day don’t have to, Pet-Tabs Plus is lickable. This is important for dogs that don’t like taking their vitamins because they can’t taste the flavor. Pet-Tabs Plus also help dogs eat less because they’re full.
12. Rx Vitamins
- Made in USA
- Restores the liver's function
- Aids in digestion
- Safe for dogs with liver problems
- Safe for dogs that don’t have liver problems
- Works within minutes, unlike other brands that work over a period of days
- Many happy customers
- Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant
- Vitamin C is supportive for kidney patients
- Cats can benefit from it too
- You need to show vet the ingredient label
- Your beloved pet could overdose on Vitamin C
- Not all vet will approve this
- This product is a little too expensive
13. NaturVet – Senior Wellness Hip & Joint Advanced Plus Omegas
- All natural ingredients
- Provides antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids
- 3 products in one
- Great bang for your buck
In the dog nutrition industry, NaturVet stands out for offering a wide range of affordable products that are 100% natural, helping to support your dog’s overall health. One of which worth mentioning is NaturVet’s Hip & Joint Advanced Plus Omegas.
As the name suggests, this supplement contains antioxidants along with omega 3 fatty acids which are known to serve as an anti-inflammatory, supporting joint, cartilage and connective tissues.
That’s not all. Aside from helping to keep your dog’s joints healthy, this joint supplement also helps to control joint related pain and discomfort.
14. Veterinary Naturals
- Made in the USA by a company with over 25 years experience
- Organic – The only game in town if you want healthy supplements
- Veterinarian recommended and approved
- Comes with a 100% money back guarantee
If you are looking for the best dog vitamin, I would recommend that you take a look at the VETERINARY NATURALS-HIP & JOINT SUPPLEMENT for SENIOR LARGE BREED.
What makes our pick the best dog vitamins is that is comes from a company that has gained over 25 years of experience in the production and distribution of dog vitamins.
Other reasons why you might prefer this product is the fact that it is made in the USA from USDA certified organic ingredients.
15. NaturVet All-in-One Dog Supplement
- The vitamins smell great
- Easy to administer
- Good quality ingredients
- Wheat free
- It’s a great value product
- Safe and effective
- The taste isn’t liked by all dogs, but it can be masked by mixing it with food
- It’s a bit big and it’s difficult to administer it by hand
- The Manufacturer tries to sell you overpriced products
- There’s no money-back guarantee
This is a great product for your dog. It’s made from quality ingredients and provides your dog with what he needs to stay in good health. I’m glad to have bought this vitamin and seen the positive results in my dog.
16. Primo Pup Puppy Multivitamin Vet Health
- Tasty flavor, dogs love it
- Entirely vegetarian
- Cheap, affordable, and great value for your money
- Time saving, can be given as a treat
- Formulated by a vet
- No artificial colors
- Contains sometimes controversial chemical preservatives BHA and BHT
- Contains glutamin
- Made in China (which might be problematic for some)
Although more expensive than other dog health supplements on the market, this puppy supplement comes highly rated. This supplement provides all the vitamins and minerals your dog might be lacking, which could increase their energy levels and help them grow.
Many dog owners like this product due to its moist consistency, which makes it easier for them to be eaten. Dogs have short digestive tracts and are prone to stomach issues. Their bodies are more sensitive than ours, so they are prone to more problems when it comes to eating dry food.
They often love this treat because it keeps their mouth wet while they are eating the treat. This is often a big hit with dog owners and their dogs.
17. NaturVet VitaPet Senior Daily Vitamins Plus Glucosamine
Improved Formula, with L-Carnitine and Omega-3.
The NaturVet VitaPet Senior Daily Vitamins Plus Glucosamine for Dogs is an advanced formula for older dogs with joint pain. It provides a one-a-day dose of glucosamine, chondroitin, Omega-3 fatty acids, as well as L-Carnitine, which are key ingredients in reducing inflammation. It is available in a 60-chews box.
This supplement comes from the makers of NaturVet, a family owned business that produces natural pet supplements since 1983. They have been working with leading veterinarians and scientists from around the world to bring you the safest natural supplements possible. Each supplement is made 100% in the USA, and each batch is tested for quality and purity.
18. Vita Bully Vitamins
- Great for all ages
- One of the best guaranted formula out there
- A-Z formula based on my dog’s needs
If you are looking for one of the most complete vitamins for dogs, then this is the right range for you. This is best for all ages as it is based on a formula that is meant to cover all the different necessities that you dog needs.
If you are a first-time buyer, I must tell you that this is one of the best ways to go as it is a great all-in-one solution for the most important needs of your dog.
The coloring has been optimized to avoid it from being on your dog’s hair, so this is an added benefit that can help you save some money in the long run. The vitamins have also been carefully balanced to maximize the benefits they have to offer so that you can enjoy the results in a reasonable time.
19. Vita Treats
- Highly rated
- Easy to administer
- Budget friendly
- Can be messy
- Larger dogs may have an adverse reaction to the chewable multivitamins
I first came across what is now my favorite dog vitamins while doing research. There’s an amazing amount of products out there and I read through countless reviews and opinions to find the best.
Best Dog Vitamins Reviews says that this multivitamin is the winner currently on the market. As this product comes from the same company that makes cookies and other canine treats.
Why I like Vita Tres supplements is that they are easy to administer and most dogs love the flavor of the chews. That means less work for me. You just cut the chew in half and it is ready to go. Also, it’s less mess than a handful of pills.
20. Buddy & Lola Multivitamin
- Available in different flavors
- Contains natural ingredients
- Does not contain toxic chemicals like synthetic chemicals and fillers
- Gives your dog in natural supplements
- Verified customer reviews
- Serious seller that presents a money-back guarantee
I have used this product on my dogs and I am very pleased with the results. I was concerned about the health of my two dogs because they are getting old. Fortunately, taking this supplement helped my dogs' muscle mass to increase a little bit. My dogs also wanted to play a lot more and they look and smell healthier after two months of using this product.
I am so happy with the results of this product and will continue using it in the future for other issues that I encounter in my dogs. I had given this product to my dogs in a capsule form but I decided to change it because it's difficult to give this supplement to them. I am very impressed with this product for its effectiveness because it is not a simple supplement that can make a dog healthy. It has many important ingredients that make this product unique and it gives a dog a complete and balanced nutrition that it needs every day.
21. TOMLYN Nutri-Cal High Calorie-Nutritional Gel
- Palatable dog gel
- Doesn’t have a fishy taste
- Great for maintaining weight of dogs
- Not all dogs will eat it
- Not all dogs will like it
NutriCal is a great way to supplement your dog’s diet and it comes in an appealing gel form (not everyone likes to eat pills and pellets). It’s is a nutritional rich formula that you can give daily to dogs and puppies for nutritional supplementation during weight loss or maintenance, during recovery from illness, surgery, or injury, and during pregnancy and lactation. It helps to maintain and improve skin and coat health.
22. Superfood Chewable Treats
- Digestive and immune support
- Can be frozen
- 5 star rating with over 12,000 reviews
This is the year where the major pet food companies will be watched like never before with the recent pet food recall and even more so now with the new regulations that have been put into place.
Whether you’ve been using the same food for a long time, or whether you’re just getting started with using a specific brand, it’s a good time to re-evaluate. And now might be even a better time to find a better alternative!
The best way of finding out just how well something works is reading the reviews customers have left. And this is where Superfood Chewable dog supplements really shine. With over 12,000 reviews, you’d expect (well, hope) there to be a lot of 5 star reviews. And there are!
23. Pfizer Animal Pet-Tinic Vitamin-Mineral Supplement
- Animal tested
- Available for dogs and cats
- Available at 4 ounce tube
- 3 different more flavors
- 2.3 out 5 stars online
- Contains molasses – which can cause allergic reactions in cats and dogs
- Only available at 4 ounce tube …which can go pretty quickly if you have a large dog
- Only contains trace amounts of many vitamins and minerals
Pet-Tinic is our top pick as the best multivitamin for pet dogs and cats. At an affordable price this supplement offers plenty of essential vitamins and minerals your pet needs.
Not only is this supplement ideal for both dogs and cats, it also comes in three different flavors – beef, chicken, and salmon … another great perk. However, if you have a fussy pet don’t expect it to eat this supplement. It smells rather fishy due to the high amounts of fish oil so your dog or cat may not be as receptive to it as you would like them to.
This supplement contains no added artificial flavors, chemical preservatives or colors.
24. Pet MD
- Good pick for its value
- Made in the USA
- All natural with no artificial flavors or colors
- Can be messy to give
- Can cause soft stool
The Pet MD Canine Tabs Plus 365 Count – Advanced Multivitamin for Dogs – Natural Daily Vitamin and Mineral Nutritional Supplement is an all natural multivitamin that will help to promote a healthy breed and overall wellbeing for almost any size pup.
The Pet MD Canine Tabs Plus gives you a convenient way to introduce essential vitamins and minerals to your dog in order to keep them in optimal health and to avoid expensive vet visits.
With Pet MD, you can provide your dog with quality care and a top-of-the-line product that is all natural.
25. SmartyPants Dog Supplement Chew
- Promotes Brain Health
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Less Stomaches Issues
- No Preservatives
The SmartyPants Dog Supplement Chew is a popular option among dog owners, particularly those who have a larger pup. These bites come in a variety of weights so you can find one that works best for your dog.
As far as the health benefits, it contains a wide range of vitamins and minerals found in many different dog foods. This includes Vitamin E, Zinc, and Omega 3s.
Omega 3 is perhaps the most important dietary supplement you can give your dog. It’s extremely beneficial for the brain, bones, and joints. As a result, you and your dog will notice a dramatic difference when putting the SmartyPants Dog Supplement Chew in their diet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best multivitamin for dogs?
We’ve been asked that question many times over. In order to determine the best multivitamin for dogs, you’ll have to take some factors into consideration. First and foremost, what’s most important? Do you prioritize a natural quality, or is the price more significant?
There are two types of multivitamins available on the market. Synthetic ones, as well as organic whole-food vitamins. Synthetic multivitamins are comprised of inert ingredients, while the organic whole-food vitamins feature a variety of real foods. Because fruit and vegetables are already a source of vitamins and minerals, we tend to lean more towards this variety of dog vitamin.
What is the most reliable vitamin brand?
Our choice for the most reliable vitamin brand is PetKind because it has been formulated by veterinarians. PetKind is known for its top-notch pet supplements, and this new Vitamin E supplement is no exception.
PetKind also offers a money-back return offer and, unlike some pet supplement companies, you actually get your full purchase price back, not a few dollars to cover shipping and handling. This shows that this company believes in its product.
And, PetKind’s Vitamin E supplement is available in one size; 60 soft chews. You don’t have to think too hard about purchasing the right quantity for your pet. However, keep in mind that this supplement is intended to be given twice daily so you might want to purchase the larger quantity.
What is the best brand of supplements to buy?
There are so many different brands of dog supplements available. But are they even necessary? Will they help your pet live a longer and healthier life?
The quick answer to these questions is yes. If you care about your pet’s health, then a dog supplement is highly recommended. Particularly, a supplement that has a combination of vitamins, minerals, and herbs is best. There is also a huge range of dog supplement brands. But what are the best brands of dog supplements?
In order to answer this question, it’s important to understand exactly what a dog supplement is and how it works. A dog supplement is exactly what it sounds like; it’s a supplement added to your dog’s diet to make up for nutrients that are not provided by their regular diet.
Are dog vitamins worth it?
Dog vitamins are arguably the most important supplement for your dog. Yet, we think it’s important to emphasize they are only useful if your dog’s diet is lacking in some way.
If you’re feeding a quality, balanced dog food, we don’t recommend dog vitamins.
Vitamins and minerals are important for your dog and they play a vital role in supporting organ function and in maintaining overall health. However, dogs do not need vitamin C, and so consuming large amounts does little good.
We would also never recommend vitamin and mineral supplements if a malabsorption issue is present.
Choosing the best dog vitamins can sometimes be a challenge for even the most informed pet parents. There are so many different options, it’s no wonder pet parents turn to this list for some guidance.
In our reviews, we’ve taken the most popular, highest rated pet vitamins out there, which is why our lists of the best dog vitamins and the best cat vitamins is so long. This is also a good thing as it means these are the tried and true brands that consumers have voted as the best.
|Sure Grow||Best Overall|| |
|VetriScience Laboratories-Canine Plus Senior||Budget Pick|| |
|Muscle Bully Puppy Naturals||Upgrade Pick|| |