The dog teeth of your canine friend are susceptible to a whole host of problems. Gum disease, tartar build up, and tooth loss are just a few of the issues that are the consequences of inadequate brushing or using the wrong toothpaste.
Choosing the right toothpaste for your dog is important. There are a myriad of options available, and this can complicate the decision making process. But, fear no more, because I’ve done all the research for you and narrowed down the list to only the 10 best picks.
|RADIUS USDA Organic Dental Solutions Puppy Kit||Best Overall|
|Dingo Denta Treats Teeth Whitening Mini Chews||Budget Pick|
|Milk-Bone Brushing Chews||Upgrade Pick|
1. RADIUS USDA Organic Dental Solutions Puppy Kit
- Dog loves the taste
- No more gum problems
- You can use it on cats or small/toy dogs
- It’s made in the USA with natural ingredients
- A bit hard to get out of the tube
- The toothbrush is a bit too big for dogs
Updating your dog’s oral health product from a soft, age-old bone to a heavy plastic tube can be a tough change. Especially when the product is kept in the refrigerator and has a yummy “toothpaste” scent.
I’m happy to report, though, that my pups took to this one with no problems at all.
The brush makes for easy brushing and the suds make it easy to see if you’re doing a good job.
2. Petrodex Natural Toothpaste Dog
- Cruelty-free toothpaste for dogs
- Contains natural ingredients and essential oils
- Comes in a 2 pack
- Overall positive reviews
- Small size of toothpaste
- Narine not recommended for puppies
(Pack of 2)
The Petrodex Natural Dog Toothpaste is a cruelty-free toothpaste that is made up of a number of natural ingredients and essential oils. With no artificial colors or flavors this toothpaste is a great option for pet owners who love their dogs’ health and want to make sure that they are making the right choices.
The natural ingredients in this toothpaste ensure that dogs will have fresh breath and strong teeth. With over 5,000 reviews on Amazon, it’s clear why pet owners choose this toothpaste. This toothpaste is also very potent, and it needs to be mixed before use. The instructions for doing this are easy to follow, and it’s simply done by mixing equal parts of this toothpaste with water.
3. Arm & Hammer Dog Dental Care Toothpaste
- Good for dental, tartar, plaque, and gum care
- It was recommended by my vet as well as the hygienist
- Very easy to use, you just put a little bit on your finger, briefly rub it on their teeth until they lick it off, and then supervise them while they lick their paws
- It smells pretty good
- It produces long lasting fresh breath from all the plaque and tartar it removes
- No choking hazard for pups, as it comes in a paste instead of a gel
- Buying a tube last a long time, as you only need to use a small amount each time you brush your dog's teeth
- Good at getting rid of gum disease and soreness for my dog
- Works for multiple dogs and saves me money in the long run
- The tube is thicker and cheaper than the gel
- If you don't supervise your dog, any toothpaste will be wasted as they will probably eat it off their paws, which is normal
- It can get messy if your dog doesn't like the taste and tries to paw it off
Best Dog Dental Care for Bad Dog Breath | Non Toxic Dog Toothpaste with Fluoride.
4. Milk-Bone Brushing Chews
- Made in the USA
- Made from natural ingredients
- Toothbrushing Chews for dogs
- Help to reduce tartar and plaque
- Four flavors: Peanut butter, Beef, Lamb, and Chicken
- Available in small, medium and large sizes
- Relieves bad breath and plaque
- May foam when brushing teeth
- Retail Price
The Milk-Bone Brushing Chews are a great alternative to using toothpaste on your dog’s teeth.
This product is made from natural ingredients and it’s recommended by pet professionals. It helps to reduce age-related shedding, and tartar while stimulating your dog’s gums with a toothbrush-like motion that you’d do if you were brushing his teeth.
The brushing chews come in four flavors: peanut butter, beef, lamb, and chicken. It’s available in three different sizes: small, medium, and large.
5. Vet’s Best Enzymatic Dog Toothpaste
- Packs a lot of different anti-bacterial ingredients
- Convenient squeeze tube packaging for easier application
- Pleasant mint scent makes the dog enjoy having its teeth brushed
- Great for dogs that struggle brushing their teeth
- 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon
- Contains saccharin
- 14-day money-back guarantee not applicable once opened as the teeth cleaning gel is a paste
Do you own a dog and struggle with cleaning its teeth, both at home and especially when you are on the road? It’s quite a challenge to brush a dog’s teeth. Not only are you worrying about hurting your dog, you are more than likely struggling to get your pooch to stay still.
This is where Vet’s Best Enzymatic Toothpaste comes in. It’s vet-formulated, which means that dogs really enjoy having their teeth cleaned when you use this toothpaste, thanks to the natural flavors used. The Vet’s Best Enzymatic Toothpaste works on all dog sizes, even the smallest breeds.
6. Oravet Dental Hygiene Chews
- Recommended by Veterinarians
- Removes up to 90% of Plaque from Chewing Surfaces
- Helps reduce bad breath and won't damage teeth
- Ingredients are 100% natural
- Also prevents or treats bad breath, dental plaque, gingivitis, tartar buildup, and plaque-induced gingivitis
- Can be hard to find
- Some dogs may not like the texture
The Oravet Dental Hygiene Chews for Dogs provide all of the benefits of brushing your dog's teeth without the hassle of brushing. The chewable paste is value sized and treats your dog's teeth as well as cleansings their mouth. The product will not damage your dog's teeth and is recommended by veterinarians.
Oravet chews have a delicious meat flavor and are a tasty treat for your pet. They are easy to pick up and the best way to help prevent and reduce bad breath and plaque build up. The chews will remove plaque from chewing surfaces in the mouth, reduce bad breath, and treat or prevent gingivitis, plaque-induced gingivitis, and tartar build-up.
7. Arm & Hammer Clinical Care Dental Gum Health Kit
- Easy to use
- Very effective
The Arm & Hammer Clinical Care Kit comes with many tools to clean your dog’s teeth effectively including a toothbrush, a dental hygiene formula including a toothpaste, a pet care manual, and a handy travel case.
With a single application of the toothpaste, your dog’s breath will instantly be fresher than you’ve ever smelled it. Unlike cheap dog toothpastes, this one will keep the bad smells away for hours, even after eating and drinking.
It’s true what they say about dogs with clean teeth having great breath. This Arm & Hammer kit keeps your dog’s teeth squeaky clean and his breath awesome and makes for a much better pet to have around.
8. Dingo Denta Treats Teeth Whitening Mini Chews
- Greaseless & Doesn’t leave any bad aftertaste
- All Natural Ingredients
- Very popular among dog owners
- Made in China – best quality
- Made in the USA – Good quality
- No additives like artificial colors or flavors
- Made in South Korea – Standard Quality
- Good taste
- Made in Vietnam – Poor quality
- Bad taste
- Can contain bleaching additives
- Contains wheat, which is hard for dogs to digest
- Made in Saudi Arabia – Low Quality
The Dingo Teeth Whitening Chews are just like they sound – they help to clean and whiten your dog’s teeth to a bright, shiny, pearly white. With the Dingo Teeth Whitening Mini Chews, you can start to reduce that yellowish layer from your pup’s teeth.
9. ProSense Dental Solutions
- Good quality ingredients
- Contains grain
- The tube is made from plastic, which might make the product harder to use
A natural toothpaste made with enzymes that safely clean dog teeth. There’s no abrasive cleaners or petrochemicals. It’s also gluten-free and biodegradable. Plus, you only need to give your dog 2 small drops per day for 4-6 weeks to maximize its benefits.
Most dog toothpastes are packed with chemicals that will do more harm than good to your dog and they can cause heartburns and stomach ulcers. But with this product, there are no such issues, thanks to the natural enzyme formula and the no abrasives formula.
Experts recommend giving your dog a dog toothpaste with this formula every week or so. Simply place 2 drops on your dog’s tongue for your dog to lick. The taste will be easily taken, thanks to the formulation that includes natural ingredients. You can wipe the excess with a soft cloth.
10. Ark Naturals Brushless Toothpaste
- Vet recommended toothpaste
- Love of dog clean teeth
- One of the best-selling toothpastes
- Saves you from brushing your pet every day
- Ready to use toothbrush and toothpaste would save you time on brushing your dog
- Contains no foam
- Specially formulated to clean your dog's teeth and gums
- Feeling like you are providing your pet with a tasty treat
- 100% money back guarantee
- Sometime the taste is not really good
- Your pet may not like the taste of the toothpaste
- There have been instances where dogs get diarrhea after using the toothpaste, but this is rare. If your dog gets diarrhea, take your dog off this toothpaste for a while and see if it clears up (but obviously you would not be giving your dog the toothpaste in this instance.)
- There are a lot of dog owners who say brushing your dog's teeth is a very important part of caring for your pet's overall health and dental hygiene.
- Best if you have 2 to 3 adults to work with the dog.
(for Dogs Over 10 pounds)
One of the best solution to dog teeth cleaning is Ark Naturals Brushless Toothpaste for Dogs. One tube comes with a brush that you squeeze the toothpaste on to
11. Virbac CET Enzymatic Toothpaste| Eliminates Bad Breath by Removing Plaque and Tartar Buildup
- Good combination of price and quality
- Comes in 3 flavors – chicken, duck, and lamb
- Easy to administer
- Helps tartar build up
- Some pet owners claim it made their dogs vomit
- Can only be bought online
- Can be messy
Safe for Dogs and Cats | FDA Approved.
Virbac CET Enzymatic Toothpaste is an enzymatic toothpaste made for dogs of all sizes.
CET toothpaste removes plaque and tartar build up to keep your dog’s breath fresh every day.
12. RADIUS USDA Organic Dental Solutions Adult Kit Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Exceptional customer service
- Vegan, organic, and non-toxic
- Xylitol free ‡ good for dog‡s dental health
- Designed to clean teeth and prevent bad breath
- Keeps dog smelling fresh
- Comes in two sizes: adult and puppy
- Removes plaque and tartar
- Two years of research and development
The Organic Dog Loves It!
If you own a dog, you know how important they are to your life.
They are a member of your family, and when they are old enough you want to start caring for them and taking care of their health.
13. Paws & Pals Dog Toothbrush
- Solid, Durable Construction
- Wide Variety of Flavors
- Great For All Kinds of Pets
- Mostly Gunked Up With Flour (I Found This Out The Hard Way)
- Faster Eaters May Not Get Everything Off
Pet dental care is incredibly important if you are worried about your pets long term health. It’s a great idea to start doing it while your pet is young and still likes the toothpaste. Once they get used to it it’ll be a breeze. This is an simple way to start your furry friend off on the right foot as far as dental hygiene is concerned.
The Paws and Pals kit comes with the dog toothbrush, flavored toothpaste, and two finger brush for serving two dogs at a time. The toothpaste is beef flavored, and dogs seem to love it. You will start off by mixing the toothpaste with water (the amount isn’t super specific, but you can do 1 tsp for every 10 lbs. for example) The toothpaste really helps get rid of the gunk and make your pets teeth sparkly white again.
14. Dog Toothpaste : Dog & Cat Dental Care Tooth Paste Promotes Fresh Breath Teeth Brushing Cleaner Pet Breath Freshener Oral Care Dental Cleaning Kit. Tartar & Plaque Remover Toothbrush
- Designed to work best for cats and dogs
- Uses real mint oil to freshen breath and remove plaque
- Doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals that are sometimes found in dental products
- Relieves dental problems and makes mouth healthier
- Easy to use and administer
- Designed for safe application on pets of all ages
- Some users found the consistency of the paste to be too thick
- The toothpaste’s ingredients may have a bad smell for some users
For Puppy & Kitten Clean Up Soothes Mouth Sores, Bleeding, Bad Breath & Inflammation.
If you are not exactly sure what you are looking for, trying to choose between this best toothpaste and other similar products can be a little confusing.
To avoid making the wrong decision we suggest first considering what your needs are. For example, if you are looking for this best dog toothpaste to use in combination with other pet dental care products, this is the one to go for.
15. Fresh Breath by TropiClean Oral Care Kit
- Complete oral care kit for pets
- Dispenser easily attaches to standard-sized doghouses
- Contains natural ingredients
- Clean minty taste that pets love
- Pediatrician and veterinarian approved
- Comes with toothbrush
- Small containers
- Some reviewers found the “natural” ingredients too strong for their dog
Dog Breathe Fresh Mint Pet Breath Freshening Mouth Rinse Toothpaste Gel, Dog Treat, Toothbrush Pack of 2 Medium (1 Gel, 1 Toothbrush).
The Fresh Breath by TropiClean Custom Care Kit for Pets is one of the most popular and highly rated pet toothbrushes on the market. In fact this dog breath freshening mouth rinse toothpaste cream is almost immediately available on Amazon.
It’s a complete oral care kit for pets because it contains everything your dog needs to maintain healthy teeth and fresh breath. The product contains all natural ingredients to guarantee its efficacy.
16. KissAble 3-Sided Toothbrush
- 3 IN 1 3 Sided Toothbrush For Cleaning Dog’s Teeth, A Whole mouth Cleaning Solution For Dogs And Cats.
- Kissable Poultry and Beef Flavors Are Deliciously Delicious. Cats and Dogs Love the Taste.
- Cleaning 3 sides of teeth at once: one side for toothpaste, one side for toothbrush, one side for finger brushing. 100% dog or cat friendly. Supports gum health.
- Different brush for different dog or cat: Dogs and cats have unique preferences and treating their teeth with the right tools for them is important.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This product is not intended to replace professional dental cleaning.
Most pet animals are not regular to the vet's office for teeth cleaning and examination. Practicing oral hygiene is important for their dental and overall health. Many people give their love ones good food, shelter and lots of love, but many overlook their oral care. Giving your beloved dog or cat the opportunity to have fresh breath and dental hygiene will have a lasting effect with a long lasting smile. Let dogs & cats enjoy the benefits of oral hygiene with Kissable Toothbrushes, Toothpaste and Finger Brushes.
17. Petosan USA Puppy Dental Kit
- Contains no sugar, foam, or gel, which are not suitable for a young dog’s diet
- Handmade for maximum quality and gentleness, and vegetable-based
- Convenient and safe, easy-to-use syringe for puppy oral hygiene
- You can use this toothpaste as needed to prevent tartar and plaque build-up and reduce bad odor and maintain good dental health
18. Beaphar Puppy Kitten Dental Kit Dogs & Cats Meat Flavour Anti-Plaque
- Powerful natural ingredients
- Friendly on teeth and gums
This Beaphar products would make an amazing addition to any pet owner’s grooming kit. It will fight plaque and tartar by removing the build-up and grime that can lead to tartar.
The tasty meat flavoured toothpaste in this puppy/kitten Dental Kit is safe on your dog’s teeth and gums, and fights plaque and tartar. This Dental Kit also lets you brush your pet’s teeth for them.
First, the finger brush removes the plaque and tartar from your dog’s teeth safely. Then, the toothpaste will kill the bacteria that leads to plaque and tartar formation.
19. Vetoquinol Enzadent Enzymatic Toothpaste
- 210+ positive reviews
- Available at 3.2 and 6.7 oz
- Does the job and exceeds expectations
- Just one drop is enough for a daily application
Vetoquinol has a very good reputation when it comes to health and nutrition for pets. Their Enzadent Enzymatic Dog Toothpaste comes in two sizes – 3.2 and 6.7 oz. It presents a truly natural solution for maintaining healthy dental care for your furry friend.
It contains a combination of mint, clove, sage, and rosemary that are all natural herbs and enzymes to remove plaque, neutralize bad bacteria and freshen your dog’s breath. It’s important to pause and note that toothpaste for dogs is not the same with toothpaste for people, as it’s a tad bit bigger.
It contains a super concentrated formula, which means that you only need a drop of it to get the job done. This is ideal for making sure you don’t overdo it when it comes to preventing bigger problems in the future.
20. Nylabone Advanced Oral Care 2.5oz Peanut Flavored Natural Dog Toothpaste
- Entirely Natural Dog Toothpaste
- No Artificial Preservatives
- Sweet Peanut Fragrance
- Nylabone Peanut Butter Flavor
- Helps Clean Teeth and Freshens Breath
- Completely Safe and Easy To Use
- Can Be Messy
Nylabone Advanced Oral Care is one of the few completely natural dog toothpaste because most of the time they are made with artificial ingredients. This one, however, uses natural ingredients like oatmeal, baking soda, and natural glycerin.
The Nylabone Advanced Oral Care dog toothpaste also is infused with a peanut butter flavor. If you have a dog that eats peanut butter, you may want to take advantage of this natural dog toothpaste that adds some of his favorite flavors to his doggy brushing experience.
This dog toothpaste is made with premium ingredients, it is safe for both dogs and cats, and best of all, it reduces plaque and tartar buildup to ensure your pet has a healthy mouth.
21. Virbac C.E.T. VeggieDent Tartar Control Chews
- Natural Dog Toothpaste
- No taste dogs don’t like
- Easy to digest
- Effective at keeping tartar at bay
- Sticky residue left over (but not if it’s shaken or mixed thoroughly)
- Chewables are hard and require effort to digest
- Inconsistent sizing
- Does not contain fluoride
No matter what I tried, my dog had very sensitive teeth and even the slightest amount of tartar built up would lead to a very uncomfortable experience for her. I’ve been giving her the VeggieDent tablet and she’s doing much better in this area. And when she’s doing better, I’m happier as well because it is by far a lot easier to maintain healthy gums than to have to deal with bad gums due to tartar build up.
22. EZ Dog Dental Tool Kit
- Durable and long-lasting
- Catches plaque and bacteria on teeth
The EZ Dog Dental Kit, which includes a dog toothbrush and a finger brush is made for cleaning the teeth and gum of both small and large dogs.
The toothpaste contains natural extracts, vegetable oil, baking soda and other natural ingredients. Its main purpose is to remove plaque and bacteria on dog teeth, and is supposed to be used twice a week. While the finger brush is intended to reach the back teeth, the pet toothbrush with its bristle strips helps scrape food and plaque from the front teeth.
The finger brush spreads paste better than the toothbrush. Although the toothpaste is easy to apply, it is a bit difficult to break up and spread it around especially when applied on the toothbrush.
23. Enzymatic Toothpaste
- Value for Money
- Made in the USA
Some people are interested in Natural Dog Toothpaste that works, see my list of alternatives to the above product on the same price range. Click here to see the Natural Dog Toothpaste alternatives, includes plenty of natural ingredients.
24. Budle Budle Ecoland Dental Care Dog Toothpaste 70g
- Comes with one tube each of 70g and 310g
- Comes with a free bottle of dog toothpaste
- Prompt delivery
- Good customer service
- Affordable price
For Healthy and Clean Teeth, Dog Oral Care, Canine Dental Products (black).
After checking out several dog toothpaste reviews, some I came across a lot of satisfied customers that were big fans of the Budle Budle EcoLand Dog Toothpaste. I decided to give it a try and I wasn’t disappointed. The price is affordable and the product works well.
To give you a better idea what this product is all about, I will provide a quick outline of what’s included in the package and how to use it to your dog’s finest advantage.
25. TAMEHOM Dog Toothbrush Stick Lock Pick Set Small
The TAMEHOM Dog Toothbrush Stick Lock Pick Set comes with 4 picks that are specially designed for dogs. They are made of food-grade silicon and are safe for use on your pooch.
The best part is that this product is 100% safe for dogs, no harmful chemicals and it is also biodegradable.
With the TAMEHOM Toothbrush, dogs will have a clean mouth and no more bad breath. The toothbrush can reach all the nooks and crannies of the dog’s mouth, which helps to remove accumulated food particles and plaque effectively.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best brand of dog toothpaste?
We think it’s important to have a dog toothpaste that is 100% natural. Human toothpaste often has flavoring, chemicals, and other unnecessary ingredients that are not safe for our dogs.
Does dog toothpaste really work?
Dog toothpaste is actually quite effective for dogs. Research shows that dogs with tooth or dental issues have a lower quality of life, and as a result, shorter lives. Dog toothpaste is cheaper than professional cleaning at the vet, and it can be more convenient, too.
But there’s a lot more to it. Some of the best dog toothpastes are going to contain things like anti-bacterial agents, enzymes, and herbal extracts that can be really good for your dog. In fact, if you’ve got a dog with dental issues, then you’re really going to want to get this going.
What is the best enzymatic toothpaste for dogs?
Enzymes are the key components to any good enzymatic toothpaste. They help to remove the dental plaque and tartar that can lead to dental disease. When you’re looking for a good enzymatic toothpaste, try to find one with ingredients like sodium bicarbonate, glycerine and peppermint. These will help to loosen tartar and bacteria for even better cleaning.
When you’re looking for the best enzymatic toothpaste, you’ll want to ensure the brand is registered with the Veterinary Oral Health Council. This facility is designed to standardize and ensure good oral hygiene to treat and prevent dental disease in pets.
What is the best toothpaste for dogs UK?
Toothpaste is essential for maintaining your dogs oral health looking and smelling sweet! It helps to strengthen and harden your dog’s teeth and gums. In addition, it will help to prevent the problems that can be caused from dogs eating inappropriate things.
Dogs, much like humans, can suffer from dental issues if they don’t have the right diet. This is why it’s so important to give your dog regular oral care, starting from puppy hood. Choosing the right toothpaste for dogs will help to ensure your dogs teeth don’t suffer from receding gums or over tooth decay.
Getting the right toothpaste is essential for maintaining proper oral hygiene for your dog. It’s not too difficult, simply follow the 4 things listed below.
Dog toothpaste just isn’t the same as human toothpaste. It needs to have ingredients that will be safe on your dog’s teeth and that won’t irritate your dog’s lungs. For this reason, you should avoid using just any toothpaste on your dog. If you’re looking for the best dog toothpaste online, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ve compared the best dog toothpastes by looking at their ingredients, their prices, and customer reviews.
|RADIUS USDA Organic Dental Solutions Puppy Kit||Best Overall|
|Dingo Denta Treats Teeth Whitening Mini Chews||Budget Pick|
|Milk-Bone Brushing Chews||Upgrade Pick|