Strolling with your dog can be a great way to get those daily steps in and spend quality time with your pooch, but it can get awkward if he or she wants to wander off the path or needs to go toilet.
You can solve these problems and have more flexibility, with the highest rated dog strollers at your side. We’ve ranked the best dog strollers by quality, safety, usability, and value. Scroll down below to view the reviews for each product.
|Paws & Pals City Walk N Stride 4 Wheeler Pet Stroller||Best Overall|
|Dog Stroller Pet Stroller Cat Stroller||Budget Pick|
|Pet Gear No-Zip NV Pet Stroller||Upgrade Pick|
1. Paws & Pals City Walk N Stride 4 Wheeler Pet Stroller
- Bottom basket for pet’s toys and other supplies
- Recline the seat with a single hand
- Independent suspensions
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- Can’t fit a large dog such as an english mastiff
- Large wheels won’t work well on small patios
26 x 37 x 45.5 Capable with Adjustable Seat & Bed
This contemporary dog stroller features a lockable front swivel wheel and a rear wheel that locks both ways. The rear axle has independent suspensions to let the stroller maneuver over almost any terrain.
It comes with a washable liner, a canopy, and a waterproof mesh which you can remove after your pet is in and then wash when he’s not using it.
2. Dog Stroller Pet Stroller Cat Stroller
- Allows for more exercise
- Can be a savior on rainy days
- Allows for some independence for your dog
- Can reduce the need to have a small dog
- Not great for large dogs
- Tips over very easily
- Can be difficult to shade
If you can convince your pooch to use this stroller, it’s great. But trying to do so can be a challenge. Some dogs are nervous of the stroller at first, or will nudge it almost immediately while you are still holding the leash. It’s very light, for a stroller, which makes it even more tempting to play with. However, once your dog is used to using the dog stroller, it will be a dream come true. Especially for those who live in very hot or very cold weather. The dog can ride in the stroller while you are protected from the elements. These dog strollers are very helpful for reclaiming your life because they allow you to go on long walks with little effort. They are also great for rainy days when you and your dog would otherwise be cooped up inside your home.
3. Pet Gear No-Zip Happy Trails Pet Stroller
- Available in four color options
- Comes with storage basket
- Easy, hassle-free fold
- One-year warranty
Pet Gear’s No-Zip is a classic, high-quality dog stroller that claims to be “the last stroller you’ll ever need.” While it couldn’t be more true, it’s not the most pet-friendly stroller in my book.
These strollers are great for dogs that are always engaged, but are rather inconvenient for dogs that are easily distracted, such as my own. However, if you have a dog that’s more ‘roaming,’ then the pet wearables I listed in another section of this book will come in handy.
The Pet Gear No-Zip has a decent warranty that guarantees you the stroller to be free of manufacturing defects for one year. However, if anything happens due to misuse, it’ll be your responsibility. Talk about putting the ‘proof’ in the pudding…
4. Pet Gear NO-Zip Stroller
- For pets 30 lbs. maximum each
- Includes a removable cover for easy cleaning, wash instructions are included
- Large storage capacity
- Customized harness and saddle for each pet
- The size is not adjustable
- Can tip over easily if not properly strapped to the back of a car and is not locked
Most dog owners would agree that out of all four-legged animals, dogs are way too much fun to have as pets. Whether you just like canines or you have an intense love for them, dogs get to do things that cats would die for. No one loves a lazy day in the house more than a pet owner and the only thing that can beat that is an outdoors adventure!
Typically people try to change that mindset and as a result they take their doggies out on walks or even on long car rides just to get them out of the house. The problem with this approach is that dogs can get easily fatigued when they are out. In fact, some dogs can’t even manage to walk because they’re so tired from the walk they took earlier in the day.
This is a problem and a possible solution is what we can collectively call strollers. They are extremely convenient, to begin with, and most importantly, they keep your dog alive and well for days to come.
5. Petsfit Rolling Pet Carrier
- Extremely easy to fold down and transport
- Great value
- Superb quality materials
- Easy to assemble
- Convenient carry handles for both you and your dog
- Removable wheels for indoor applications
- Steps on and off easily
- Car seat rolls easily in and out of the stroller
- Allows for ample airflow both horizontally and vertically for dogs
- The storage compartment is located in the front, which can make it difficult for smaller dogs to access.
- Unlike many strollers designed to accommodate human kids, this ramp stroller will genuinely allow your dog to enjoy the ride instead of merely surviving it.
- With a separate storage compartment to the rear of the stroller, this unit features a pivot at each wheel which you can fold up allowing the unit to compact, making it ideal for carrying in and out of the house, car and narrow spaces.
- Sturdy and easy to fold, Petsfit Dog Ramp Stroller is the ideal accessory for comfort on the go for your pet.
- The Petsfit Dog Ramp Stroller offers unparalleled quality at an affordable price tag.
6. Best Choice Products 2-in-1 Pet Stroller and Trailer
- Super Versatile
- The 3-Wheel Design Is Great For Stability And Maneuverability
- A Great Option For Long Walks And City Jaunts
- Attractive Design
- Converts From Mini-Trailer To A Pet Stroller In Seconds
- Folds Up Compactly For Convenient Storage And Transport
- Easy To Assemble
- The Cup Holder Is Placed In An Awkward Location
- The Undercarriage Storage Compartment Is Tighter Than It Needs To Be
- The Rear Wheel Does Not Lock
- It’s Not Suitable For Really Large Dogs
The best of the best dog strollers is the 2-in-1 Pet Stroller and Trailer, Red, w/Hitch, Suspension, Safety Flag, and Reflectors from Best Choice Products. This handy little contraption is great for getting your dog around long walks or trips to the park and even a quick run to the market.
It has everything you could ever want from a dog stroller – and more.
This 2-in-1 pet stroller has convenient features, such as the UV50+ sun protection, with its red and black color combination for added sophistication. Its 4 cup holders are another great feature, and the two kid seats are a convenient addition for younger passengers.
7. VIVO Three Wheel Pet Stroller
- Easy Assembly
- Sturdy and Safe
- Comes in Four Colors
- Folds in Half with One Hand
- Good for Dogs up to 16 Inches Long
- Equipped with Convenient Storage Pockets
- Can also be Used as a Dog Carrier
- Doesn’t come with a Cushion
- Lightweight Construction
- Not Ideal for Dogs over 15-16 Inches Long
The Vivos pet stroller for small and medium sized dogs is just about as good as it gets for dog parents who want to take their pets on long strolls around town. You can push (or pull) the stroller in a variety of ways … including wheelbarrow style to maximize the amount of distance your pet can go with less effort.
Keep in mind, the dog MUST be able to walk to some degree before using this stroller. Due to the stroller’s construction, it may be difficult to pull your dog (when fully grown in some cases) very far due to the aluminum and plastic construction.
8. Pet Gear No-Zip NV Pet Stroller
- Includes a removable zip-off hood
- Low to the ground
- 8-inch rear wheels
- Front wheels swivel too
- Smaller than most pet strollers
- Not as sturdy as other models
- Takes more force to open and close
Panel, Includes All-Terrain or Swivel Wheel Option.
What’s great about the Pet Gear No-Zip NV Pet Stroller is that it has a removable zip-off hood, full mesh netting on all 4 sides, and a lower profile frame.
Weighing in at 20 lbs, it’s heavy, but most pet strollers are on the heavy side. The heavier ones are usually made of stronger materials with higher durability.
9. Red 4 Wheels Pet Stroller Cat Dog Cage Stroller Travel Folding Carrier 04T
- Zipper allows both front and back doors to be opened
- Carries pets up to 90 lbs
- Can be folded for easy storage
- Can be used as a car carrier
10. BestPet Pet Stroller 4 Wheels Posh Folding Waterproof Portable Travel Cat Dog Stroller
- Easy to put together
- High quality products/materials
- Anti-slip wheels
- Sturdy and durable
- Carrying bag available
- Machine washable
- Converts to a carrier
- Plenty of storage
- Fits through narrow doorways
- Only holds 25lbs
- Zipper on wheels on our review sample broke
The Bes Pet Stroller features an aluminum frame with a smooth upholstered top, and the stroller folds quickly and easily for storage or travel. This particular model also has mesh panels in the front, along with a temperature setting to ensure that your dog is never in a too warm or too cold environment.
The Bes offers plenty of storage room, and with the included cup holder, you can make sure that your dog has a drink within easy reach.
Another great feature of the Bes Pet Stroller is its high-traction rear wheels, which allow you to easily push your dog through a variety of surfaces. The overall weight capacity of the Bes Pet Stroller is 25 lbs, however, and therefore it may not be suitable for larger dog breeds.
11. Flexzion Pet Stroller
- Great distance suspension
- Spacious front padding
- Sun shades for the dog
- Collapsible for easy travel and quick setup
- 5-point safety harness
The Flexzion Pet Stroller (Sky Blue Dot) Dog Cat Small Animals Carrier Cage 4 Wheels Folding Flexible Easy to Carry for Jogger Jogging Walking Travel Up to 30 Pounds with Sun Shade Cup Holder Mesh Window is a fun and safe way of taking your small dog for a walk.
It’s got plenty of room for your dog with a full lining for padding and safety massaging.
You can also get sun shades for your pet so that the sun doesn’t cause unnecessary eye damage.
12. Sepnine 2 in1 Medium pet Dog Bike Trailer Bicycle Trailer and Jogger 10201
- Tons of storage space
- Unmatched portability and maneuverability
- You can add your favorite accessories onto it
- You can pick any color you want
- 3 wheel design makes it easy to use on flat surfaces
- Extremely comfortable for your dog
- The shocks are on the weak side
- No canopy included
- The wheels are plastic
This combo is great for biking with your dog, and it uses a handy shock absorber to get the smoothest ride possible for you and him. It measures 23 inches wide by 13.5 inches tall, by 44.7 inches long. The Sepnine 2 in 1 dog bike trailer comes fully assembled, and you can use it right out of the box.
The Sepnine has a weight capacity of up to 60 pounds, and it has a durable construction, so it can withstand climbing up rocky trails or bumpy forest roads.
It can carry anything from groceries to camping gear, and it has a waterproof design that will keep your things protected from the elements.
13. VIVO Black 4 Wheel Pet Stroller
- Provides proper ventilation
- Options for a canopy and harnesses
- Reclines to different positions
- Removable bottom tray and absorbent pads
- Folds easily for storage and transport
- A little bit heavy
- Fabric can be hard to clean
Most dog owners are tired of carrying their pet in their arms or jogging strollers the whole way through. But VIVO can get rid of that for you. These pet strollers fit pet up to 60 pounds and comes in a variety of colors.
The front wheels swivel for turning and backward; and the rear wheels add balance and mobility with a rear light for safety.
What we like the most about this specific model is that it comes with four different safety belts in case your dog wants to just run around and has a removable and washable bottom tray with pads.
14. Paws & Pals Deluxe 3-Wheels Foldable Pet Stroller
- Large, Easy to clean basket
- Folds Up Compactly
- Easy to use
- Wheels pop out of sockets, making the stroller unusable
- The frame has no reinforcement to withstand rough terrain, It gets the job done when walking on pavement but once you hit the forest trail, the frame becomes unstable
- Bad customer service, they often negotiate with their customers
Grey or White.
This stroller is heavier than most on the market but folds up to a smaller size than others. It is meant for walking on pavement. The most common complaint in the Amazon reviewers is that the wheels pop out of the sockets, making the stroller useless.
Several say the plastic breaks easily, but that could be the result of improper assembly. Though some do say that the wheels have a tendency to pop out of the sockets, which is not a good thing when you are pushing a fully loaded 5 lb dog around.
15. PetLuv "Happy Cat Premium Cat Carrier Soft Sided Foldable Top & Side Loading Pet Crate & Carrier Locking Zippers Shoulder Straps Seat Belt Lock Plush Pillow Reduces Anxiety
- Very comfortable for the pet
- Can accommodate a lot of dogs
- Easy to assemble
- Sturdy material
- Not so versatile
- The fabric is a bit too glossy
- Very expensive
- The wheels can break easily
Our second pick is very close to the first one in terms of quality, but it’s a bit more versatile. PetLuv Happy Cat is a multi-purpose carrier that can be used for travel by car, plane, train and boat.
It’s built with soft cloth, which is extremely comfortable for the pet even if you travel with your dog by plane. It will be a hassle-free experience for both of you!
The top loading and side loading features are really useful if you want to check the pet into your flight without any problems. It’s really handy when you travel with large or taller dogs.
16. Gen7Pets Regal Plus Pet Stroller in Raspberry Sorbet
- Ingenious design that is easy to travel with
- Handy storage compartment below the seat
- Super easy to assemble
- Quality construction
- Super light-weight for maximum portability
- Comes with a one year warranty
This stroller is a fantastic option for pet owners. Not only will it help you take your dog on a walk but it will also help to have everything with you in one place. The wheels are bike wheels that you would use on the ground. This is a must have item in my opinion for dog lovers.
The stroller has enough room for your pup and a set of supplies such as leashes, water bottles, and a few treats. This is super convenient because you can have everything you need within reach. It is also cool because you can attach doggie accessories to the storage space.
The dog stroller is built to last longer because of the durable aluminum frame and shock-absorbing inertia springs. The runner wheels ensure that you can travel smoothly on all kinds of terrains, including grass and dirt.
17. ibiyaya 5-in-1 Pet Carrier
- Very versatile
- Easy to assemble
- Lightweight frame
- Safety clips prevent the dog having an accident while in a moving vehicle
- Comes with a pump to avoid tire punctures
- One of the most unique dog strollers on the market
- Folds up for storage in a car trunk, so they take up very little space
- May be used as a car seat
- It is a bit expensive
- Requires a lot of putting-together
Hiking, Camping, Running and More.
The ibiyaya 5-in-1 pet carrier is one of the most innovative dog strollers on the market. It can be used as a backpack, car seat, seat stroller, shoulder stroller, and a walking doggie stroller.
The dog stroller has a unique design and it even comes with an incorporated tire pump that will help you inflate the tires and avoid punctures. It can be used with both cats and dogs and it is a bit expensive, but it is a top quality dog stroller that can be used for many purposes. So, if you are looking for a different kind of dog stroller for your pet, the ibiyaya 5-in-1 pet carrier with backpack, car seat, pet carrier stroller and shoulder strap is definitely the one to get.
18. New Extra Wide Leopard Skin 3 Wheels Pet Dog Cat Stroller
19. Aosom Elite-Jr 2-in-1 Dog Pet Bicycle Trailer/Jogging Stroller
- Large Easy Entry Door
- Lightweight & Durable
- Perfect for Large Dogs
- Built in brakes
- Great value for money
- Can be disassembled with one hand
The Aosom Elite-Jr 2-in-1 Dog Pet Bicycle Trailer/Jogging Stroller with 360-Degree Swivel Wheels is best suited for larger dogs or multiple pets. The design is fairly large, but that means a larger dog can hang out in comfort and style.
Due to the large size, this item is not suitable for apartment dwellers, but is a great choice for those with more space to fit a stroller. Thanks to the swivel wheels, the stroller rolls over uneven terrain smoothly, while the front wheel can be locked to prevent going off track. Its boarding ramp makes it easy to load your pet into the trailer and up to 75 lbs can be taken along for the ride.
20. HPZ Pet Rover Premium Heavy Duty Dog/Cat/Pet Stroller Travel Carriage
- Carries medium to large dogs and a small child
- Converts into a small pet carrier
- All-wheel suspension
- Double-sided zipperless entry
- Comes with a rain cover
- Ball bearing wheel
- Includes a storage bag
- Includes a limited lifetime warranty
- PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN ADULT'S PRODUCT. IT IS TO BE USED BY ADULTS ONLY
The HPZ Pet Rover Premium Heavy Duty Dog/Cat/Pet Stroller Travel Carriage with Convertible Compartment/Zipperless Entry/Reversible Handlebar/Pump-Free Rubber Tires for Small, Medium, Large Pets and Dogs (Black) by HPZ is one of the best pet strollers available online today.
This stroller from HPZ is not only a convenient riding option for your pets and children, it can turn into a small animal carrier as well.
The 4-wheel folding pet stroller offers all of its users a lot of convenience, as it can be converted into various different forms of the stroller, with a reversible handlebar that can be positioned in a way that suits you best.
21. Paws & Pals Double Pet Stroller
The Paws & Pals is a dog stroller with plenty of space that I’m quite happy to recommend. It’s big enough to carry two pets – as well as two humans – with ease, and its features make it a great choice for pet parents looking to take their pets out for a walk or jog. Plus the stroller rolls with ease, making it quite a convenient stroller if you’re traveling with your pets. As an added bonus, this stroller comes with a handy storage bag.
Unlike similar dog strollers, the Paws & Pals has a 2 in 1 design: it converts into a pet carrier. If you have a pet that doesn’t like to be pushed around in a stroller, this carrier is the right fit for you. It also makes it easy to check on your pets without the fear of them escaping.
22. Premium Quality Pet Carrier Stroller
- Comes with a leash
- Easy to fold and carry
- Rear storage basket
- Side pockets to hold food or other accessories
- Poorly-made harness
- Heavy given its small size
- Not easy to clean
Pet owners know how hard is it to get a dog to go for a walk, the fact is that they are tireless creatures and once they get to play, they want to play all day.
Getting your dog to take a walk is very healthy for his (or her) mobility, digestion, and overall well-being. Walks give him some exercise and time to do his business while socializing with other's dogs. With the Pet Captain foldable Dog Strollers, your pet will have no choice but to go for a walk.
23. Pet Carrier Stroller,Soft-Sided Pet Travel Carrier
- Heavy duty materials
- Easy to fold
- Comes with a window
- Lots of storage space
- Could be more compact
- More difficult to collapse than other strollers
- You have to remove the carrier from the wheeled base to fold the whole thing
If you’re a dog lover, you know that any adventure should involve your four-legged best friend with you. And that involves bringing the dog with you. But what if you could go for a run or for a hike? This dog stroller lets you do just that without having to worry about your dog getting tired or not being able to handle the terrain.
The Pet Carrier Stroller from Pink Pet EHouse is a traveling case that slides over the back wheels of your bicycle. It’s made of quality materials, has lots of storage space and comes with a removable fleece bed.
The carrier is made of heavy duty mesh material that’s easy to wipe down, and the wheels are attached to sturdy, four-wheel PVC tubing. There’s also a handle with a safety lock that keeps the stroller from collapsing while you walk.
24. Paw Essentials ST-029 Deluxe Folding Three Wheel Pet Carrier Stroller Cart
- Very safe and secure for pets
- Easy to carry thanks to the ergonomic, padded side handles
- Comes with a very affordable price tag
- Large space for your pet
- The colors differ from the photos
- The wheels are not in the best quality
- The wheels stick a little and don't roll smoothly
A lot of people don't realise how useful these kinds of products can be for traveling with your beloved pets. The last thing you want to do is burden them with your luggage.
There are plenty of dog travel products out there and I'd like to share some of my favorites with you. If you're passionate about nature, you'll really love this selection.
In this article, I've scoured reviews and insider tips to put together a list of five of the best dog strollers. I picked these five based on the variety of prices and level of quality of materials, as well as the great Amazon reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best dog stroller?
A dog stroller is a practical piece of equipment for two purposes: walking Fido when it’s too hot or cold outside, or traveling with your pet when you need to bring it places. But, buying one can be overwhelming … there are a lot of things to consider. Before you go shopping, you need to consider your pet’s size and weight, how you’ll use it, budget, etc.
Dog strollers make the perfect gift!
Best Dog Stroller for Small Dogs?
The best dog strollers for small dogs are lightweight and easy to maneuver. There are a lot of great options in this category. Below are our top 5 favorites:
Are dog strollers good?
Yes, dog strollers are definitely good. Many dog parents report using strollers from their first outing with their new puppy all the way through their golden years. They report they are, as stated above, a great way to make family outings more fun and fulfilling.
Also, you don’t have to use the stroller to just bundle up snowy pups, trips to the beach, and extended hikes can be made more enjoyable and more comfortable for your canine.
Some strollers come with suspension and elevating saddles for your pup to lounge in. This is particularly ideal for older dogs with joint pain. It’s important to note that a stroller isn’t a replacement for overnight exercise, but having your furry friend get some fresh air and sun without pounding paws is a great way to maintain a healthy canine.
Where are dog strollers allowed?
Dog strollers are allowed in most areas where you would be able to walk your dog with a leash. For example, dog strollers are not allowed in the entrance of an apartment building where someone might be waiting to come in and there are security sensors. Also dog strollers are not allowed in certain places like most stores, restaurants, and public transportation. However, if you are just walking your dog through a store, restaurant, or some other place with sidewalks, then you can use a dog stroller.
Carriers are not allowed in most stores and restaurants, because they have become more popular and are sometimes misused. Having said that, technically it is illegal to have a dog in a stroller in stores, restaurants, and other public places. Most people don't know this and do it anyway. If a person or animal control officer asks you to get out of the stroller then you should do it.
Can you use a baby stroller for a dog?
The simple answer is yes but it all depends on the size of your dog. There are very few baby strollers that are large enough for larger dogs. But there are some that are!
The best dog strollers in the market today are built and designed for small dogs. During our research for this guide, we were actually impressed by how many companies have started to manufacture pet strollers.
Since most of these dog strollers are made for small dogs, it was surprising to find some that could accommodate dogs of larger sizes. We’ll discuss this later in this article but for now, let’s look at the description of a good dog stroller.
Fortunately for you and your dog, the best dog stroller in 2021 will be able to do more than just carry your dog around town. Some will actually have plenty of amazing features that will make dog ownership much easier. This includes:
We tested a total of 54+ dog strollers through 3 months of rigorous testing to find the best dog stroller.
Our goal was to gauge different dog stroller's ease of use, whether it was suitable for a particular dog, its durability and whether it allowed for adequate breathing and circulation from your dog.
After testing the top dog strollers, we've put together this guide to help you find the perfect stroller for your pup.
|Paws & Pals City Walk N Stride 4 Wheeler Pet Stroller||Best Overall|
|Dog Stroller Pet Stroller Cat Stroller||Budget Pick|
|Pet Gear No-Zip NV Pet Stroller||Upgrade Pick|