However, this isn’t an optimal option. Your dog will be in a shallow area with nothing to prevent him or her from jumping out. It will be difficult (if not impossible) to direct your dog or keep them from running off with your hose.
So, if you prefer to keep your dog in a dog park and out of your bathroom, consider investing in a great dog pool.
1. isYoung Dog Bath Pool Foldable PVC Pet/Baby Playing Pool
2. YAHEETECH Red Foldable Hard Plastic Kiddie Baby Large Dog Pet Bath Swimming Pool Collapsible Dog Pet Pool Bathing Tub Kiddie Pool
- Perfect for keeping Fido cool and entertained
- Doesn’t absorb chlorine or detergent
- Durable, sturdily built
- Easy to assemble and breakdown for storage
- Large enough for giant dogs
- Gets slippery when wet
- Hard to drain water through outlet holes
- Rim is hard to clean
You’ve faced it. Your dog is completely covered in dirt and grime after a long, fun day of playing in the backyard. Instead of taking them through the usual bathtub so they can shake their fur all over your nice, clean shower curtains, why not just let them play for a while in the YAHEETECH they can roll around in the dirt without a care in the world.
The best thing about this product is that it doesn’t absorb chlorine or detergent, so when your dog got into a fight with that dirty old raccoon, your expensive automatic dog wash won’t put him in a coma.
You don’t have to worry about your dog slipping or falling because the material won’t get slippery when wet. It’s also fairly spacious, so your dog could play in it with their friends.
3. Jasonwell Foldable Dog Pet Bath Pool Collapsible Dog Pet Pool Bathing Tub Kiddie Pool
- Never been easier to clean your dog after swimming
- Can be used as an individual pool, for pools, as a floating mat for pets to rest on.
- Has several drains around the pool’s perimeter to prevent water from pooling
- May be used inside or outside
- Heavy-Duty PVC material
- Super-Soft and comfortable to dog’s eyes and nose
- Lightweight and portable
- Collapses down to a very small size
- Easy to store
- Made of high-quality plant-fibers
- Has a bit of a strong chemical-like smell at first from the manufacturing process
- The original blue color of the pool will fade to green over a period of time
The Jasonwell Foldable Dog Pet Bath Pool is an excellent dog pool for dogs of all shapes and sizes. Small, medium and large dogs can all comfortably swim together in this pool.
This pool has a soft lining on it so that it is comfortable and does not irritate your dog’s nose if they do a nose-dive.
4. Zacro Foldable Large Dog Pool
- Very cheap and affordable
- Made of thick and sturdy material
- Measures 47 by 11.8 inches; perfect for large dogs and can hold up to 220 pounds of water
- It has a built-in drain plug, which makes the pool very easy to clean
- It has a huge capacity. It can accommodate 120 gallons of water inside. It is big enough to accommodate more than one dog in the pool at the same time
- You will receive a manual with step-by-step instructions on how to setup the pool. So, you will have no problem in assembling the pool. It is very easy to set up – just find a place in your backyard to place the pool, follow the instructions on how to set it up, and you're all set!
- Pets love it!
- Assembling it is very easy. All you have to do is to follow the instructions given in the manual. It doesn’t require any framework. You just have to take it out of the box, unfold it and fill it with water. It doesn’t matter where you are placing the pool, the instructions will help you in doing the needful.
- The dog pool is made of thick and high-quality vinyl that will last.
5. ALL FOR PAWS Outdoor Foldable Bathing Dog Pool Portable Pet Bath Tub Blue No Need Pump Up
- Simple setup
- Easy to clean and assemble
- Free accessories
- Pool can be punctured by sharp claws
- Loose parts can get lost or swallowed by your pet
- Smaller than expected
Our Top Pick for the best dog pool is the ALL FOR PAWS Outdoor Foldable Bathing Dog Pool Portable Pet Bath Tub Blue No Need Pump Up.
This dog pool has some advantages and disadvantages. Advantages include usability and maneuverability. First, you can easily carry it around on your hand because it has a handle. Second, this dog pool can be stored easily anywhere, like your car trunk, back of your garden shed, or directly in your backyard.
Another advantage of the ALL FOR PAWS Outdoor Foldable Bathing Dog Pool is that it is affordable. Most dog pools are just too expensive. However, this one is not. On the other hand, maybe the most important advantage of this dog pool is that it is eco-friendly. It is made of high-quality material and because it is eco-friendly, it is safer for your dog.
6. KOPEKS Round Heavy Duty PVC Outdoor Pool / Bathing Tub
- The tub is made from high-grade PVC which is very sturdy
- Very affordable
- High-grade material ensures that the tub lasts for years
- The handles on the side make it easy to relocate the tub
- It is quite easy to set up
- Comes with a strong drain plug
- The tub is easy to clean
- Ideal for a number of uses
- It is portable
- The handles make it easy to move the tub around
- While the product is advertised as being resistant to ultraviolet radiation, this is only partially true
- It is possible that the tub may begin to crack if it is exposed to too much sunlight
Kopeks is a brand that is well known for making very good quality stuff. The Kopeks Round Heavy Duty PVC Pool / Bathing Tub is no exception. It is very versatile and can be used to obtain hydration or simply to keep your dogs cool. Because it is not hard like plastic, it is safe for your dog. The tub is great for dogs of any type.
7. NACOCO Foldable PVC Dog Cat Water Pool Pet Outdoor Swimming Playing Pond Dogs Grooming Shower & Bath Accessories in Summer
The NACOCO Foldable Pool is an excellent product for small to medium size dogs. One of the things I found surprising about the NACOCO was just how big the pool actually was. Despite being advertised as a dog pool, it could easily accommodate a few pooches swimming at one time.
The water capacity is 150 litres and at 31.5 x 28.5 x 5 inches, it’s big enough to make sure your pup stays cool for at least a couple of hours. It can be folded and easily stored when not in use. The PVC material used here is surprisingly sturdy, so you need not worry about your pet scratching it with paws and teeth.
The NACOCO has a lock valve that makes the set up super-simple. It also has a drain hole at the bottom of the pool. The installation and set-up process takes literally two minutes. When it’s folded, the dimensions are 18 x 12.5 x 4.5 inches, which makes it pretty easy to stow away.
8. Delifur Foldable PVC Dog Cat Water Pool Pet Outdoor Swimming Playing Pond
- Large, lightweight, sturdy, and portable design
- The base is made with high-grade and durable materials and the upper part is treated with non-toxic materials
- Anti-slip bottom prevents it from tipping over
- Easy to fill and extra-deep design to provide enough room for your pet to have fun and splash around
- 4 handles for easy lifting and carrying
- Great for all types of pets including dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, and more
- Great for riverside, lakeside, or backyard activity
- Can be folded flat easily when not in use
- Its lightweight and compact design makes it perfect for travelling as well
- Easy to clean by washing with water and soap
- Not very durable
- The handles could be reinforced
- Some users reported leaks from the bottom rim
- Some users reported the product to arrive with manufacturing defect
- Some users reported the dog floating upwards and out of the pool
Are you tired of that dirty dog getting his hair all over your furniture? Does your pet hate going for walks because he gets scared from cars and bikes? If yes, then here is a solution for you – the Deluxe Pet Pool!
9. Kundu Round Heavy Duty PVC Outdoor Pool/Bathing Tub
- Large enough for larger breeds
- Easy to set up and fold down for storage
- Folds flat for storage
- Heavy Duty Construction
- Tubular metal frame
- Folds flat for storage
- Heavy Duty Construction
- Tubular metal frame
- Water-resistant material
- Easy to clean
- Can buckle and leak if not taken care of properly
- Frame has a larger footprint; some dogs may not be thrilled about that
The Kundu pet pool is a durable dog pool that your dog will be begging to use again and again. It features a radial, easy-grip frame and was designed to be virtually leak-proof. The pool quality is made of a waterproof, Eco-Friendly PVC material.
The dog pool is 2ft in diameter and is big enough for bigger dogs but can also be a great pool for 9 pound Pomeranians. Its strong tubular metal frame includes jaws & braces, which helps to keep the rounded top of the pool straight. Using PVC Tarpaulin, the kundu dog pool is easy to clean and assembled. It has super-strong and sturdy construction to take your heaviest pet with no problem.
10. Midlee Dog Pool
- Best Value
- Super Easy To Use
- Completely Transparent
- Padded Floor & Sides
- Leak Proof
- Drain Valve Included
- Rounded Corner For Safety
- Made In U.S.A.
- Built-in Piping For Easy Drainage
11. MiMu Pet Swimming Pool Collapsible Dog Pool
- Great for large dogs
- Good for dips in the ocean
- For larger dogs, you can use ice to cool off your pup
- No complicated design
- The drain plug is perfect for emptying the pools quickly
- Heavy duty
- It’s not just for dogs – cats love them too!
The MiMu Pet Swimming Pool Collapsible dog pool is an excellent entry-level pool for both pets and owners in the market for a large dog pool.
A major selling point of the MiMu Pet Swimming Pool Collapsible dog pool is its great durability. The splash guard, in particular, is particularly impressive as it protects your floor from getting wet, and your dog from getting injured.
While it is not as easy to clean as some other pools, most owners do not mind the extra maintenance required for this pool since it is very durable.
12. YAHEETECH Foldable Bath Pool Collapsible Large Pool Bathing Swimming Tub Kiddie Pool
The YAHETECH Foldable Dog Pool is one of the best dog pools you can get your pet. It comes in three sizes – small, medium, and large. This is the biggest of the three weighing in at roughly 8.1 pounds and measuring 2.6 feet long, 2.6 feet wide, and 1.3 feet high when fully assembled. The large size measures 2.5 feet long, 2.5 feet wide and 1.3 feet high.
The majority of the pool is made from high-quality, tough PE material, but the flimsy lid is made from a slippery plastic. There are capped holes at the top of the pool with drain plugs that you can use to drain the pool quickly. A nice, long handle helps you do this with ease. There’s also an extended spout on the top of the pool that can be used for steady, continuous draining. This is easily the best part of the outside of this dog pool.
13. GRULLIN Pet Swimming Pool
- Easy to Clean
- Resists Mold and Mildew
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- Pool is small for medium to large dogs
- Doesn’t float
The Grullin Pet Swimming Pool is one of the most popular pool for pets of any kind. It’s safe for your dog, easy to clean, and it can float on water. You can use it indoors and outdoors, and it also provides a fun way to wash your pet if you have a sandy dog.
The pool comes in a folded bag so it’s easy to carry. The material used to create this pool is very durable and resists mold and mildew, so you can use and clean it many times without compromising the effectiveness in any way.
The canvas material is so durable that the pool can resist even sharp objects like your dog’s nails. The pool floats on water, so it’s easy to keep it clean.
14. mcgrady1xm Collapsible Pet Dog Bath Pool
- Folds flat for storage and transport
- Large enough to fit both cats and dogs
- Comes with a drain plug
- Includes a repair patch
- Top-notch customer service
- Construction is cheap and flimsy
- You’ll need to reinforce it to keep your dog from breaking it
- Not large enough for large dogs
- Pool can easily collapse and dump your dog in the pool
- Pool edges are sharp
Overall, the mcgrady1xm Collapsible Pet Dog Bath Pool is not the best pool around (in my opinion), but it’s definitely not the worst. Dog owners wanting a cheap, no-frills pool for their pooch should probably look else where… unless they’re also planning to reinforce it so it can withstand actual use.
15. KOPEKS Outdoor Rectangular Swimming Pool Bathing Tub
- Quick and easy to set up
- Tub is sturdy and keeps water from leaking out
- 4 large, easy to clean drain holes
- Size: 31" x 20"
- Has rope to keep it steady for dogs that have problems stepping into the water
- I "got what I paid for" experience (you get what you paid for)
- The metal parts that hold the plastic seem weak
- There is a chemical smell that I thought would go away after rinsing the tub with water, but it didn't
- I wish the drain was larger
- A little too small for my golden retriever, though I don't think he is the typical golden retriever size
- Weight limit is only 50 pounds
The KOPEKS swimming pool bathing tub has been a very popular choice amongst buyers. Many buyers were pleasantly surprised to find that the pool was actually waterproof.
The fact that it is lightweight also makes cleaning up after your dog easy. The KOPEKS pool is made to be strong and lightweight, yet still be soft enough to provide a comfortable place for your dog to lie.
The drain hole in the bathing tub is easy to clean as it is large enough for the drain brush to fit through. Despite the large drain hole, water drains out fairly slowly, which may be a good thing, depending on the circumstances.
16. Lumcrissy Foldable Portable Dog Pet Bath Pool,Swimming Pool Bathing Tub
- Lots of positive user reviews
- Convenient bag design that makes it easy to transport
- Great customer service
- Materials are sturdy and durable
For Pet Cat Dog, 22+.
The Nutshell: The Lumcrissy Foldable Portable Dog Pet Bath Pool is our top pick for dog pools. It’s priced right, is easy to use and is portable. The dog pool is stronger than most pet pools on the market. The Lumcrissy can hold up to 110 lbs of weight and can be easily folded and stored in its snap lock carrying bags. Buyers can use the dog pool in bathtubs, swimming pools, lakes, at the beach, or anywhere you can store the dog pool.
The Lumcrissy is made of PVC and has a leak proof system.
17. Fuloon PVC Pet Swimming Pool Portable Foldable Pool Dogs Cats Bathing Tub Bathtub Wash Tub Water Pond Pool Pet Pool & Kiddie Pools
- Budget friendly
- Easy to assemble
- Lightweight and portable
- Customer service is poor
- The pool can leak easily
- You might end up buying it again if your dog chewed it too much
Sometimes referred to as the “backyard oasis,” our top pick is the Fuloon PVC Pet Swimming Pool. This one is a great deal for the price and is a durable, easy to clean option for small sized pets.
The frame of the pool is sturdy, but not too heavy. A few reviewers even used it as a kiddie pool for their children as the sides are low enough that your child can climb over them. This pool is also easy to clean. The pool’s walls are made of PVC and can be scrubbed with soap.
The inside liner is also removable so that you can wash it by hand as well. The liner fits tightly inside the pool frame, and the whole pool can be folded flat for storage.
18. Petsfit 41"X12" Foldable and Portable Pet Non-Inflatable Swimming Pool/Ball Pit/Bathing Pool
- Comes with a toy
- BPA Free
- The material is thin
- Can take a while to set up
Packaged inside a rectangular box, the Petsfit pool comes with a cute green beaded rubber ball that is tied to the storage bag. It also includes an instruction image for those who don’t own a pool before. The pool itself comes folded up with a carry bag. The instructions listed are simple, they only need you to unfold the pool and then fill it with water.
Once that’s done, you can now play or bathe your puppy. The pool is non-toxic as it’s PVC free.
There are two sides to the pool, a deep side for bathing and a shallow side for swimming. Both of them are made from a durable material that’s puncture- and wear-resistant.
19. LUXEHOME Foldable Dog Pet Swimming Pool Bathing Tub
- Affordable for what you get
- Sturdy design
- Easy to set up and break down
- Comfortable rubber mat top
- Folds up to store in a small space when not in use
- Smaller size is portable
- Doesn’t ship with a pump for inflating it
- For small dogs only
Who says humans are the only ones who can enjoy the summer wave pool trend? Thanks to our furry friends, you can now bring your pup in on the action! This is the perfect summertime toy to let your pups chew, splash, and enjoy the summer sun. It also helps to keep them cool and happy while they play.
The LuxeHome Foldable Dog Pet Bathing Tub comes with a plastic tub that is large enough for smaller dogs to fit in comfortably. I love that it comes with a small rubber mat on the top, so if your dog does fall out, he or she won’t need stitches. There are also small holes on the sides for water to come out from, leaving the bottom almost dry. It’s lightweight, so it’s easy to transport in the car or on the deck for outdoor playtime.
- Low price
- Lightweight and durable
- Easy to set up and take down
- Universal design fits most pets up to 220 lbs
- Very easy to fill and drain
The GPCT is a great choice if you want a simple and cost-effective dog pool. Renowned for being lightweight, strong, and durable, this is a pool that you will not have any trouble setting up or taking down.
The best feature of this pool is its universal design. It fits well on pretty much any surface and comes with adjustable straps that can be adjusted to fit any pet. However, it does have a weight limit of 220.
Another thing that we like about this product is the fact that it can be used indoors or outdoors. The water in it will not sit for long as it can easily be drained out through the plug holes. It can also be used for bathing as it provides a strong cover that is designed not to leak or give way.
21. One Dog One Bone SPP03 Paw Shaped Dog Pool Made
- Made using heavy duty truck bed liner material
- Inflatable base can be filled with sand for added weight
- Bottom has non-slip finish
- Designed for dogs that weigh up to 30 lbs
- Must be kept in shaded area
The One Dog One Bone SPP03 is specially designed as a paw shaped dog pool for dogs to enjoy an occasional dip in the pool on hot summer days.
It’s a small dog pool made from heavy duty truck bed liner fabric, which is sturdy and easy to clean because it’s waterproof. The bottom of the pool has a non-slip finish to keep your dog safe.
The best benefit of this dog pool is that it can be filled with sand. According to an average size dog of 30 lbs, the sand should weigh about 18 lbs, while the pool itself should weigh around 6 lbs. With this added weight, your dog should be able to enjoy the pool without tipping over. The sand should also work as an insulating layer compared to a fiberglass pool.
22. Jzlian PVC Pet Swimming Pool， Portable Foldable Pool Dogs Cats Bathing Tub Bathtub Wash Tub Water Pond Pool & Kiddie Pools
- Great for both dogs and cats
- Simple and easy to fill
- Does not leak
- Folds up for easy storage … … … … … … If you have a small yard, having a dog pool is a must. You dog will love playing around and bath in this pool.
- Might be too small for larger dogs
- Does not hold as much water as some of the other, more expensive pools
- Folding instructions come in Chinese, but you can easily figure out how to fold the pool.
This item is really nice. I love the vibrant color, the fact that it folds up for easy storage and if you have a small yard this is a great option.
I would recommend this item to others, very nice.
This product is exactly what I needed. I love that it folds up for easy storage and is a great size for my Maltese. It was easy to fill, came with a base to keep it from blowing away in the wind and my dog loves it!
23. BINGPET Large Dog Swimming Pool Pet Bathtub Collapsible Puppy Bath Tub
- Affordable – the best bang for your buck
- Comes with a cap for easy storage
- Water compatible
- Smaller than expected
- Side walls are too steep
- Has a strange odor
Pet Pool for Dogs and Cats up to 80 lbs. Capacity (120 x 80 x 50 cm/49" x 31.5" x 19")
Sometimes you get what you pay for, and sometimes you get something much, much better. The Bingpet is the later.
Don’t be fooled by the price as you get everything that you want in a pet pool – a protective cover and a water-compatible material.
24. FrontPet Foldable Dog Pool Pet Bathing Tub
- Available in sizes ranging from small to extra large
- Super easy-to-use and set up
- Great for dogs with injuries or kidney problems
- Portable; you can take it with you when traveling
- Some dogs would prefer more water, not less
- Not intended for very large dogs
We considered several factors like ease of use, setup, durability, and safety when researching the best dog pools. The FrontPet Foldable Dog Pool is by far the simplest of them all and can be up and running in less than a minute. Apart from being extremely easy to use, you can fold it in no time and transport it without the hassle of carrying around a very heavy tub.
The pump is strong enough to inflate a 25" diameter pool in less than 5 minutes. The tub is 20" wide and has a capacity of 4,550 ml of water. The sides of the pool are 3-1/4" high and 5-1/4" deep, which is plenty of space for a medium-sized dog.
One of the most important factors to consider when buying a dog pool is the safety of your dog. From reports and feedback we’ve gathered from other pet owners, dogs love to bathe in it, use it to cool off, or play in it. In fact, they tend to not even notice that it has a bottom.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best pool for dogs?
Dogs love swimming! It’s a fact, and the best pool for dogs will help you keep your dog fit and healthy. But which pool should you look for in order to keep your dog comfortable and safe? The simple answer is one that’s sturdy, durable, and adjustable for your dog’s size. But the question remains, what dog pool should you get, an above ground one or an in-ground one?
What is the best pool brand?
This pool from above is an inflatable pool from Summer Waves. One of the positive aspects of this brand is they make great portable pools for dogs that you can use year round.
You don't have to worry about them melting in the heat. They will work very well for the pool your dog can use during the hottest months.
We recommend these Summer Waves mats because they are made from heavy duty material. They can hold your dog up to 200 pounds.
The brand has a guarantee for the dog health. If your dog has sensitive skin, they can put in your pool a hypoallergenic fabric.
If you have a pool, you can put this fabric inside the pool walls for a comfortable and safe cleaning.
The dog pool is a magnificent gift for you and you pet. It is not only a pool but also it will be a good decoration for your garden.
Is the pool good for dogs?
Yes, without a doubt.
The stainless steel dog pool is an ideal tool for teaching canines to swim. It trains them from the ground up to be comfortable in the water and this will be beneficial for dogs who have fear of water or for owners of a water rescue dog. If your pup has lost the ability to swim, then it might be time to reintroduce this thing back into their life.
Can dogs swim in inflatable pools?
While inflatable pools can be an excellent option for kiddie pools or for keeping your dog cool on a hot summer day, dogs can usually’t actually swim in them.
An inflatable pool is very rigid and shallow. Most inflatable pools usually range in depth from 18” to 24”. They are very low to the ground and don’t have the added security of a fiberglass or steel pool.
Although dogs love to swim, they have very different swimming capabilities than humans. When dogs jump in the pool they usually do not know how to swim to the surface. Instead, their instinct is to paddle, similar to their swimming kin, the otter. This instinct results in dogs thrashing or pawing at the sides of the pool.
Dog pools come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, therefore, there are several different ones that you can choose from. The best dog pools are going to be the ones that meet your needs and are going to be properly sized for your dog. If you’re an owner of a large or giant breed dog you’re going to need a large dog pool. This way your dog can lie down in it and even splash around in it without worrying about its head and ears getting wet.