However, finding the best dog coat takes a lot of time, even for an expert! That’s why we’ve done the research for you. We’ve brought you the top 10 dog coats you can get, with the best coats we’ve seen.
We even recommend you read the reviews and made a comparison chart so you can quickly and easily purchase the right coat for your dog.
|SafetyPUP XD||Best Overall|
|Voyager Dogs Raincoat||Budget Pick|
|Ellie Dog Wear Yellow Zip Up Dog Raincoat||Upgrade Pick|
1. SafetyPUP XD
- Perfect for high-risk areas with no access to grassy areas
- An unbeatable value for a premium pet bed
- Less resilient than the Kuranda beds, but still one of the best fabric dog beds on the market
- Shower of sparks
- Not as comfortable as Kuranda beds
We emphasize on the safety of our pets because we value them as well. This is why I have been looking for the best dog coats (2019 Reviews) today because they need extra protection from the harsh environments and conflicts they can be in.
2. Gooby Padded Dog Vest
- One size fits most
- Dogs get a full range of motion
- Padded to provide comfort and warmth for your pet
- Consists of three pieces
- Precisely fitted
- Easily identifiable
- Can be worn in car, public transportation and other pets
- Machine washable (may need to let it air dry)
- Higher quality material used in other pet vests
- Heavier to carry
- Could have better ventilation
The Gooby Padded Dog Vest is a lightweight coat for dogs that provides warmth and protection for your pup when he is out and about. In addition, the coat comes in a variety of styles and colors that you should be able to find one to fit the personality and needs of your dog.
This vest is three pieces that all zip together or secure together with adjustable Velcro straps. That means you can put it on and take it off without taking your dog's leash off.
This vest is made of high quality wind and water resistant fabric with the ceramic coating on the inside and is padded for warmth.
3. Zack & Zoey Polyester Nor'easter Dog Blanket Coat
- Super Budget Friendly
- A Variety Of Sizes To Choose From
Have you ever imagined having a waterproof dog coat for those rainy days when you wouldn’t want your dog to get wet and muddy?
Zack + Zoey has created this waterproof dog coat with adjustable straps and plackets, waterproof nylon canvas material, and reflective piping for nighttime visibility.
This fashionable dog coat looks great on pets of all sizes, and it comes in a variety of different sizes and colors too, including pink, blue, and red, as well as small, medium, extra-large, and XX large.
4. Ellie Dog Wear Yellow Zip Up Dog Raincoat
- Cute design
- Breathable material
- Two side pockets for storage
- Machine washable
- Comes in a variety of sizes and colors
- More choice as compared to other brands
- The zipper is a little stiff
- Taller dogs might find it difficult to walk
For Small Dogs, Beagles, Schipperkes, French Bulldogs, Papillons, Yorkies and Labrador Retrievers, Golden Retrievers too.
The Ellie dog wear raincoat is perfect for everyday rain use and protects from rain, wind or whatever weather conditions you dog gets into. My dog wears this raincoat in the rain, dry or for going on long walk.
It is stylish and water resistant, for both heavy rainy days and spray from the hose. It works perfectly well for my dog even when her fur is long.
5. Queenmore Cold Weather Dog Coats Loft Reversible Winter Fleece Dog Vest Waterproof Pet Jacket Available in Extra Small
- Health & Durable
- Worked as described
- Great quality and works great
- Made with very nice materials
- color not quite like the photo
- Very nice coat but had to send back due to being to small because my dog had issues keeping it on.
- The dog coat is of good quality and did not disappoint.
Chest Girth Up to 22,24,28,30 inches”.
Our top pick is the Queenmore Cold Weather Dog Coats Loft Reversible Winter Fleece Dog Vest Waterproof Pet Jacket.
This is a nice product and the reviews are very good.
6. RC Pet Products Baseline Dog Fleece
- Adjustable waist to ensure a perfect fit
- Available in a number of sizes, colors, and designs
- Features an adjustable chest strap
- Made from a 100% polyester blend
- Frozen sequin collar strap
- Ears are covered
- Not machine washable
- Quality can vary
- Not meant to withstand harsh weather
With Fleece Trim, Medium.
If you’re looking for a winter coat that you can place on your pooch that will perfectly fit him/her, then you might want to consider the RC Pet Products Baseline Dog Fleece, Dog Coat with Fleece Trim, Medium. This coat is meant to be worn by medium sized dogs and features an adjustable waist strap to help you get a comfortable fit that won’t slip or lose its form. You can even interchange colors if red isn’t your favorite color or if you have more than one pet.
This jacket may be a bit tight if your dog has a bit of a belly but ensures an equally comfortable fit regardless of his/her size. It has a fleece chest strap that will keep your dog looking good and secure so the jacket won’t slide off.
7. DJANGO Puffer Dog Jacket and Reversible Cold Weather Dog Coat
8. VIZPET Dog Raincoat Waterproof Lightweight & High Visibility Dog Coat Jacket
- Safe And Wide Front Harness
- Comfy And Elegant Dog Coat
- Sturdy And Strong Zipper
- Lifetime Warranty
- Adjustable Shoulders Straps
- Durable And Lightweight Dog Coat
- Reflective Strips Offered
- The fabric is completely waterproof
- Several Strips of Velcro, Which is Perfect For Securely Fastening The Jacket
Are you looking for a good dog outfit for the dog in your life that is weatherproof, safe, and durable? Then you’ve come to the right place.
VIZPET hi-visibility raincoat is perfect for dogs that love to take walks around town, hike, or be outdoors. This quality raincoat water-proof dog coat protects your dog from the rain, while still allowing air circulation.
VIZPET dog raincoat is a lightweight and breathable dog raincoat. It is safe for dogs of all sizes and can be used for spring, summer or fall.
9. Beirui Reflective Waterproof Dog Winter Jackets
- Completely waterproof
- Will not scratch the dog’s skin if he’s already damaged it
- Modern design
This coat is a perfect fit for large dogs. You can choose your dog’s size correctly to avoid problems with their movement. It is durable and you will not face any issue while you take your dog out to walk. It also helps your dog feel comfortable and enjoy their time.
This jacket is totally waterproof and this makes it perfect for dogs that go out and play or walk in the rain. Your dog will become comfortable even if it is raining. The coat is easy to remove, so it is not only good for the winter season.
10. SCENEREAL Dog Winter Clothes Reversible Jacket Warm Coat Windproof Waterproof Plaid Vest Christmas Suit
- The breathable fabric keeps your dog warm and comfortable
- It is incredibly tough so it will be able to withstand the wear and tear of daily activity
- There are plenty of sizes available to ensure a perfect fit
- There are two colors to choose from
- When the temperature is rising the coat can be removed and your dog will not get hot
- The coat is very easy to put on and take off when needed
- It comes with a strap to hold the tail
- The material feels soft and smooth
- The dog cannot shake out of it as it has a safety belt
- The reverse side is just as beautiful as the front
11. Petneces Dog Winter Coat Thickness Warm Fleece Lined Jacket Outdoor Waterproof Reflective Vest
- Very warm and high quality
- Dog doesn’t mind putting it on
- Getting the size right is very important for comfort and fit
- The quality is great
Hooded Jacket, XL, Color: MAGENTA
If you’re looking for a dog vest that is heavy-duty, this option is going to be the way to go. It’s a vest designed specifically for the winter and will keep your dog warm and won’t hinder them. You could also use it for a cat, if you have one.
It provides warmth and it’s adjustable to make it be able to fit your pet perfectly. You’re able to adjust it in the chest, butt and neck so it can be a perfect fit.
12. Kuoser Cozy Waterproof Windproof Reversible British Style Plaid Dog Vest Winter Coat Warm Dog Apparel
- Front & back Velcro Closings
- Easy to Put On
- Keeps Dog Warm and Dry
13. U only you Dog Coats Technical Jacket Sport Parka Outdoor Coat,Waterproof Windproof Fleece Lined Dog Coat Outdoor Clothing
- High quality
- Sealed seams
- Warm, water resistant
The U only you Dog Coats jacket is a top-quality jacket for the outdoor lover and their dog. It has a durable and flexible outer shell with waterproof fleece lining on the inside.
It comes equipped with a high-visibility reflective stripe, and has all the features of a technical sportswear jacket. It has a clip compatible design, which makes it easy to attach to a leash, or to clip on a few other dog items.
This jacket also packs a lot of pockets. Two fleece lined, two external, two Velcro, and two front pockets.
14. RUFFWEAR – Overcoat Fleece Lined Water Resistant Cold Weather Jacket
- Warm, comfortable, and stylish design
- Available at five sizes and three colors
The Ruffwear Overcoat is the ultimate doggy winter protection and warmth accessory you can buy.
My pick for best dog coat looks stylish and will protect your dog all through the winter without putting a hole in your bank.
The Ruffwear Overcoat jacket is a coat that comes with a removable fleece-lined hood and a cinch around the waist that can be tightened to create an indoor harness that keeps the dog warm and comfy when inside the house.
15. JoyDaog 2 Layers Fleece Lined Warm Dog Jacket
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t block your dog’s face
- Highly breathable
- Not recommended for bigger dogs
- Can be noisy
Soft Shell Lined Warm Dog Jacket.
We’ve all been there, walking our dogs at night and seeing another dog in the distance. Right then and there you start remembering what you learned from all those horror movies – to run the opposite direction of the other dog.
In this case, your dog, whether or not it’s cold enough outside, isn’t big on going on walks at night. With this set of dog clothes, however, you should consider getting out there more often.
16. DC.PET Clothes Dog Jean Jacket Dog Hoodie Dog Denim Blue Vest Coat Shirt Dog Clothes Small Medium Dogs
- Comfortable and durable
- Good for dogs with long hair or short hair
- Fits right
- The price may be a little expensive
- The design may look a little odd on some dogs
- 5 Minutes Warm Dog Jacket
This jacket from DC.PET is comfortable and warm and fits really good. The jacket has two buttons and it can be closed easily. The buttons are placed on the back of the jacket. The jacket has no pocket but the donkeys can put their head warmers in the pockets of the pants.
The jacket has a zipper, which is placed on the front and it can also be closed easily. On the left side of the chest of the jacket, we can see the brand name which is printed on the jacket and the number of the size. It is recommended to measure the chest before ordering this jacket to make sure that the person suits it. If you will order for a bit bigger size, the person can grow up till the jacket fits them well. The jacket is mostly suitable for small dogs like a litter of puppies.
Also, we can see the quality of the material. When you touch it, you will see that it is soft and comfortable.
17. PAWZ Road Large Dog Plaid Shirt Coat Hoodie Pet Winter Clothes Warm and Soft
- Extremely Easy To Put On
- Waterproof And Windproof
- The Material Is Very Thick
- Very Durable
- Excellent Value For Money
- Takes As Long As 3 Days To Fully Air Out
- Some Sizes Don’t Fit As Expected
- The Paws Are A Little Stiff
PAWZ Road is a well-known brand in dog clothing industry, and this dog coat is the latest creation from this company. This coat is a fantastic choice for any dogs that love the outdoors, especially in the winter time. It’s made with a marine grade waterproof and breathable material that will keep your dog warm in the cold and rain while making sure he won’t overheat as well.
With that said, this coat is also suitable for dogs who play in arenas with artificial snow or sand, or any other water activity.
While this coat isn’t suitable for extreme colds (below zero), you can always put a thin sweater underneath if you want to extend its use during the winter.
18. PetBoBo Cat Dog Doggie Down Jacket Hoodie Coat Pet Clothes Warm Clothing
- Awesome Design
- Perfect Fit
- Keeps the pet warm during winter
- Made of high-quality materials
- No sizes available for large dogs
- Made for smaller pets such as cats and smaller dogs
This doggie coat is one of the most popular winter covers for pets and is perfect for cats and small dogs. The jacket is made of high-quality materials, making it an ideal winter coat that can keep your pet warm inside.
The jacket is also a great choice for outdoor adventures as it can keep your pet warm even during cold winter days.
The coat is made of high-quality cotton and a thick fleece inside. This makes sure that your pet do not get cold even on the coldest weather.
19. Kurgo Dog Jacket Reversible Winter Jacket
- Automatically changes color depending on the temperature – you choose the color scheme
- Made with luxurious microfleece and high-quality insulation
- Can be reversed with nothing underneath
- Washes very well
- Has a good fit
- Reflective upper chest and belly provide added safety
- Large size runs a bit small
- The reflective patches are quite thin
- Might be a bit heavy to carry around
Taking the top spot in our best dog jacket reviews is the Kurgo Dog Jacket. It’s easy to put on, and it comes in a variety of sizes – XS, S, M, L, and XL with sizes tailored for the American Pitbull as well as the American Staffordshire Terrier.
This reversible dog jacket is made of two layers which features a microfiber layer that’s dog-friendly and is filled with a high-quality insulating material that’s activated by the body’s heat.
It also features a microfleece lining, which is as soft as it gets. The jacket also has reflective threads that keep your dog visible in the dark or nighttime.
20. Voyager Dogs Raincoat
- Sizing options
- Reflective strips
- Heavy duty material
- No fastener to hold the coat in place
- 5 (1.35cm) is rather short for most breeds
The Voyager pet rain jacket is a versatile dog raincoat that is ideal for most dogs with wet or cold weather. Naturally, using it in the rain is what this jacket is designed for, but it also works well when you are walking your dogs in windy conditions.
The material of this jacket is rather heavy duty and made up of thick, breathable nylon. This is not a jacket for hot weather, but is great for pets that are out and about on a regular basis.
The jacket is assembled with 6 adjustment points to ensure that it will stay in place and help to ensure that your dog does not slip out of this jacket when they are running or playing.
21. MIGOHI Reflective Waterproof Windproof Dog Coat Cold Weather Warm Dog Jacket Reversible Stormguard Winter Dog Vest
- Available in multiple sizes
- Perfect for protection against the rain, wind, or cold
- A good choice for very active dogs
- You can easily reverse the jacket for a backup layer
- Reflective strips give added visibility in the dark
- Not ideal for dogs who don’t like to wear coats
- Not the right choice if you’re looking for an indoor dog jacket
Overall, this is a great choice for any active dog owner. If your dog needs a coat to keep them warm and dry while out running about in the cold, then this is probably the best option out there on the market. While it may not be the right choice if you’re looking for a dog coat that’s ideal for keeping your pooch warm and cozy indoors, it’s perfect for outdoor adventures, hiking, or even hunting.
22. SELMAI Hooded Dog Coat Stylish Small Puppy Dog Clothes
- Quality cotton and stitching
Selmai is one of the most popular dog coat brands on the market. Besides offering a range of different stylish prints, it provides for high-quality cotton inside and out. This cotton makes the coat soft and flexible, but also well insulated. As mentioned, it’s ideal for chilly weather.
The coat’s sleeve length is another great feature making it a perfect companion for your dog in winter. The stylish hood will keep the neck warm and will prevent snow and water from getting into the coat.
There are two layers of insulation inside the coat, which will keep your dog extra warm, especially in arctic cold temperatures.
23. Gooby Dog Hoodie Fleece Vest
- Lightweight and soft (perfect for your dog)
- Lifetime guarantee for manufacturing defects
- Five sizes to choose from
- Responsive customer service
- The next day delivery is great for those in a hurry
- There were a few cases of loose stitching, but nothing that would cause the coat to fall apart
- The Amazon reviews during measurements and product description aren’t always accurate
When you want the best dog coat, the name Gooby comes to mind. This fleece-lined coat is perfect for keeping your dog warm during the winter seasons.
This coat is a two-layer design – outer layer is waterproof nylon and the inner layer is a smooth layer of fleece. It provides the warmth needed during harsh winters without weighing too much inducing too much pressure on your pet’s joints.
You can comfortably fit in a harness or any dog collar underneath it. It’s adjustable around the neck so you can easily change the size while your dog wears it. The hood regulates heat effectively without getting in the way of its sight. Once served its purpose you can choose to fold it away or comfortably hang it on the integrated leash ring.
24. PUPTECK Reversible Dog Winter Clothes Waterproof Cold Weather Coat
- Slips on easily
- Doesn’t interfere with your dog’s movements
- Poor insulation
- Pooling around the legs
- Doesn’t seem waterproof
The PUPTEK Dog Winter Clothes is just the right thing to keep your dog warm and comfortable in the winter. It’s roomy enough to allow your dog’s movement, but at the same time, it’s not too tight.
The stitches are well-done, and it’s easy to take on and off as needed. I like the way it looks on my dog! The suede material is very soft and feels nice against my dog’s skin.
The reflective strips are a great touch for dusk or early morning walks, and the slightly translucent material also makes it easier for me to spot my small poodle in the dark.
25. RC Pet Products Packable Dog Rain Poncho
- Budget-friendly price with high-quality construction
- Fits most dogs
- Has an adjustable strap
- Comes with a removable hood
- Keeps your pet dry in bad weather
- Easily packs into a small disk
- Keeps your dog warm
Rounding out our top pick for the best dog coats is the RC Pet Products Packable Dog Rain Poncho.
I’ll start out with the swivel hook on the back, that allows you to clip a leash onto the coat, so your dog doesn’t run off, or stay close to you.
Additionally, the RC dog raincoat comes with an adjustable strap on the back, so that you can adjust it to fit your dog perfectly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which dog coats are best?
Dog coats come in a huge range of colors. Some reflect their country of origin, others are simply for decoration, and still others are specifically designed to protect your dog's skin from harm.
You can get a dog coat for every breed if you wish, but if your dog is of a small or medium breed you will likely want to stick with a simpler dog coat.
The first consideration is the coating material that the dog coat is made of. Common materials include:
- Synthetic (nylon, polyester)
Other factors to consider before you choose a coat for your dog include:
- The breed's standard size
- The coat's size and thickness
- Its color and design or pattern
- Where you'll keep the dog coat
- How often the dog will wear it
- The dog's temperament
Are coats for dogs a good idea?
In our opinion, there's nothing better than a dog coat! They're cute, functional, and are extremely versatile. If you're asking yourself, “do I need a dog coat?” then you're impeding on something you really should consider. Dog coats are ideal for any dog in the cold, rainy, or snowy weather. They're also great for dogs with sensitive skin or inappropriate growing conditions.
What is the warmest dog coat?
Granted, the warmest dog coat is the one that's made of the material that retains the most heat. Which means that some dog coats are warmer than other despite not having the highest listed warmth rating on the tag.
As you can see in our buying guide above, the best dog coat for cold weather is made by finding one that is rated well in all of the following you are intending to use it for.
Moisture-wicking fabric: This is fabric that can pull water away from the dog's skin in order for it to evaporate, keeping your dog drier.
Thickness: To be able to protect from extreme weather, a dog coat has to a) cover your dog's entire body (including his legs and paws), and b) have insulation/thickness to insulate the air that is close to your dog's body.
When trying to find the perfect coat for your dog, you must have custom made the perfect coat for your dog either by a professional seamstress or you made it on your own, you simply want fit for your dog.
|SafetyPUP XD||Best Overall|
|Voyager Dogs Raincoat||Budget Pick|
|Ellie Dog Wear Yellow Zip Up Dog Raincoat||Upgrade Pick|