A dog bath tub is a must-have accessory to every dog owner. And even if you have one of the best dog dryers, the fur on your precious pooch can become such a burden to clean that a bath tub comes in handy. They’re also useful for bathing newborn puppies.
Dog bath tubs help you bathe your pet safely, effectively, and conveniently. Best of all, browsing for the best dog bath tub can be quite enjoyable and even fun in itself.
What could be better than spending some quality time with your furry best friend? You can get a little bit of “you time,” as well as get your pet squeaky clean.
You have plenty of options when it comes to choosing the right bath tub for your dog, like the tubs made from durable stainless steel, which are strong enough for senior dogs, or plastic tubs that are lightweight and easy to clean.
You can choose from bathtubs that can be folded flat for convenient storage or remain in shape when not in use. There are also pet bathtubs with a drain in the front to drain water underneath the tub and one with a drain in the back to save water when bathing.
1. Flying Pig Pet Dog Cat Washing Shower Grooming Portable Bath Tub
- Affordable, high-quality tub
- Safe and easy-to-use
- Water-proof carbon fiber material, diverse size options
- A wide backrest and non-slip handle
The Flying Pig review continues to prove itself as one of the best dog tubs in the industry. It is affordable, high-quality, safe, and easy to use. It is crafted from durable, water-proof carbon fiber which comes in four different sizes from small to extra large. The backrest and non-slip handles are made of non-slip silicone material, and it is super easy to drain and dry.
The tubs can be lightweight if you need to carry them on your shoulder. However, some people would like to have the option to connect the tub to a hose or water source in order to empty the water quickly.
A customer who bought it said that the tub was a little small for her German Shepherd, but was still able to give her a shower. Another customer who bought the large tub said that it was very spacious and was able to fit her young Labrador in comfortably.
2. Furesh Elevated Folding Dog Bath Tub and Wash Station
- Perfect for small pets
- Sturdy and durable
- Great edging drain
- A lot of room
- Not for Professional Baths
- Does not have protection for the dog
The Furesh Dog Bathtub makes for a great way to bathe your pooch, especially if you are alone and have to manage other things while you are bathing them. It is a solid product, especially for the price.
The walls are very sturdy. They are not going to buckle when your dog hits it with its paws, or even if you knock into it. The paint job allows for the product to be well protected from any rust or peeling that may come about as it is used.
3. Flying Pig Grooming 50" Professional Stainless Steel Pet Dog Grooming Bath Tub
- Made of a durable stainless steel material
- Extremely durable, sturdy and strong
- Easy to clean
- Promotes an hygienic bathing process
- Offers maximum safety for the dog and helpful grooming accessories
- 2-year warranty
- Prices are pocket-friendly
- The T-bar is a little weak
- The only complaint by customers is the size
- It would be better if they also include a drain
- It is also available in round shape
The Flying Pig Grooming 50" Professional Stainless Steel Pet Dog Grooming Bath Tub with Faucet, Walk-in Ramp & Accessories is a favorite among pet lovers. This product is an all-time bestseller and receives an incredible amount of positive feedbacks.
The FFG 50" Pet Grooming Salon is easy to assemble and includes various classic designs.
The tub is stair-shaped with a ridged floor to help your dog to take a firm standing position. This product is made of quality materials which make it extremely durable.
4. dreambuilderToy Foldable Dog Bath Swimming Pool Collapsible Pet Bathing Pool
- Portable – Easy to fold and carry
- Large capacity – A full grown Golden Retriever can fit in
- Affordable – An affordable option
- Comes with a ladder
- Not advisable for heavy weight
- Stickers can be hard to remove
If your dog loves to play in shallow water during bath times, this is a great companion for your pet. Be warned though, some dogs don’t like to be confined in a bathtub, so supervise the first couple of times, till your dog is comfortable. The bathtub is made of TPU which makes it lightweight, and of course, foldable.
The removable base can be used as a storage area too which is helpful for keeping accessories like shampoo, washcloths, etc. It can hold up to 66 lbs in weight. The tub material is resistant to water and dirt and grips the bottom so that there’s no water leaks.
5. Booster Bath Elevated Pet Bathing Large
- Lowest Prices
- Convenient Indoor and Outdoor Drain Points
- Complies with the highest safety guidelines
- Simple and easy to assemble
I always knew that I would become a dog parent, but when I got Bean, my 5-pound Chihuahua, just three years ago, I had no idea of how much water he would like to be in, or how quickly that water could get spread around the house.
Keeping the carpet clean and safe while I was bathing Bean has become my number one task. I’ve tried several different products from the over the counter laundry tubs at the pet store to towels and blankets over the bathtub. But none of them were as easy to use as I’d hoped or as effective at containing his water splashes as I’d desired.
6. Booster Bath Elevated Pet Bathing X-Large
- Elevates the dog to make the bathing easier and the confidence boost more encouraging
- Sturdier than cheaper models
- Rubber grips on the bottom prevent slipping
Pet Tub, Blue/Grey.
The Booster Bath Elevated Pet Bathing is a highly recommended step puppy for easy dog bathing. The Tub is designed for large and heavy dogs that need help with dog bathing.
The tub for dog bathing is designed tall to make it easy for the dog to step into and to provide a larger bathing surface area. It makes the bathing process easier for the dog to get in and get out of the tub without struggling.
7. KOPEKS Outdoor Rectangular Swimming Pool Bathing Tub
- Can Be Used For Animals As Well
- Weather Resistant
- Easy To Store
- Doesn’t Come With A Drain Plug
- Doesn’t Come With Interior Tub Liner
- No Washing Functions
You can bathe two pets at the same time in the KOPEKS outdoor rectangular swimming pool bathing tub. If you want a tub that can be folded for easy storage, this is the tub for you! After your pets are done, fold the tub, store it until you’re ready to use it again.
This bathing tub has a rectangular shape and is made of aluminum alloy, which is lightweight and durable. The bolt to lock the two side frames is easy to operate with one hand. This bathing tub is not only for dogs, it can also be used for domestic animals, livestock or wild animals.
It comes with a drain plug, which makes it easy to drain the excess water. This bathing tub is suitable for all types of pets, such as dogs, horses, cows, goats, sheep, rabbits and more.
8. YAHEETECH Foldable Bath Pool Collapsible Large Pool Bathing Swimming Tub Kiddie Pool
- Trendy and chic color
- Sturdy fabric
- Very compact and light for easy storage
- Cute bathing dog design
If you are looking for an affordable bath tub that can be portable, YAHEETECH Dog Pools is the right product for you. These are really affordable and foldable so that you can store them away easily. They are also perfect for traveling.
It’s no wonder this is a Bestseller. This gorgeous bathtub is available in five bright colors: red, blue, yellow, green, and pink. Each color has a cartoon dog design on it. Your pet will look like being in a luxury spa.
Besides, the sturdy fabric is comfortable and soft for your dog. This bath tub can fit almost every pet (dogs and cats). However, it’s smaller than an adult dog bathtub. This bath tub has a pool capacity that is much bigger than a normal bath tub.
9. Booster Bath Elevated Pet Bathing Medium
- Fits a variety of dog breeds (up to 110 lbs)
- Large water capacity
- Good for elderly dogs who can’t get into the tub
The Booster Bath Elevated Pet Bathing Medium is our top pick because it fits a wide variety of dog breeds (up to 110 lbs), has a large capacity, and is particularly good for older dogs who can’t get into the tub.
This tub has a removable center section that can be used as a standalone lower basin or as an additional mid-level notched bath for small dogs.
It brings an elevated platform that’s comfortable for older dogs, geriatric pets, pets with mobility issues, or lazy pups. It also gets deeper without the tub, which helps keep them out of the water longer.
10. Pecute Dog Pool Foldable Dog Pet Bath Pool Dog Swimming Pool Portable PVC Pet Bathing Tub Children Ball Pits Kiddie Pool
- Plenty of Safety Features
- Budget Friendly
- Is great for bigger dogs
- Folds up easily for storage
- Struts can bend when not supported
- Hose is a bit on the short side
Our top pick is Pecute Dog Pool Foldable Dog Pet Bath Pool Dog Swimming Pool Portable PVC Pet Bathing Tub Children Ball Pits Kiddie Pool for Dogs Cats and Kids (Green) due to its convenient lightweight design, durability, and affordability. If it’s not that the dog pool looks amazing, at first glance, the quality and sturdiness does.
The build quality is undeniable here. The Pecute Dog pool is built with sturdy temperature-resistant PVC material which can withstand up to 33 pounds of pressure.
11. Behrens Hot Dipped Galvanized Steel Oval PlanterTub 16-Gallon
- Very durable
- Keeps the water at a good temperature
You may be surprised to know that the Behrens Hot Dipped Galvanized Steel Oval PlanterTub is our top choice when it comes to dog bath tubs. We looked at a variety of brands, but this one appeared to be the most suitable choice.
First of all, it’s very durable with its hot dipped galvanized steel construction. It’s solid and will last you a good many years. The size of this tub is also ideal. It’s not too big, so you can wash your standard sized dogs in it. For the smaller guys, it’s also ideal as their legs won’t hang over the edges.
The oval design is great because it means there are no corners that your dog can get caught in once he’s in the tub. You can even sit him in the tub with you, like a small kiddie pool.
12. LILYS PET Portable Folding Bath tub Swimming Pool
- Safe and strong
- Not a lot of space for large dogs.
- When it comes to specialty dog accessories, the Lily’s Portable Folding Bath tub is an incredibly convenient item to have around for regular bathing needs.
The bathtub comes in a variety of different sizes and colours but is slightly pricier in S size. However, when it comes to the perfect bathtubs for your home, this one tops the list.
This bathtub is fantastic for small dogs and cats. The grooves at the bottom provide easy drainage in case water gets in and the the rounded side walls make it smooth for your pet to do a quick shave in the bath.
The best part of it is that it can be easily folded for you to easily store it away.
13. Jasonwell Foldable Dog Pet Bath Pool Collapsible Dog Pet Pool Bathing Tub Kiddie Pool
- Great for Pools, Showers & Spas
- Extra Stable Construction
- Speeds Up Bathing Time
- Ideal For Puppies and Teens
- Makes Bath Time Fun
- Easy Setup & Cleanup
- Made of Safe and Durable Materials
- Suitable For All Pets & Kids
- Non-Toxic, No Phthalates or Latex
- Lightweight & Folds Up For Portability
Having this bathtub has changed my life. No, seriously, this tub can make bathtime a fun activity for your dog. I have three dogs, two big ones and one little one. The shower is not easy to use for them so this tub comes in handy.
Once you put them in, they would be really happy and they enjoy the bath a lot!
Just make sure you won’t leave them unattended as they might jump out of the tub. Also, the glass resulted in breaking when I squeezed it a bit (very rare scenario so it might be due to my own fault).
14. ALL FOR PAWS Outdoor Foldable Bathing Dog Pool Portable Pet Bath Tub Blue No Need Pump Up
- Available in two sizes – large and extra-large
- 60-day satisfaction guarantee
- Solid construction
- Size: the large tub measures 44.3 inches long x 10.8 inches wide x 14.9 inches high
- Size: the extra-large tub measures 44.3 inches long x 15.7 inches wide x 19.6 inches high
The ALL FOR PAWS Outdoor Foldable Bathing Dog Pool Portable Pet Bath Tub is the best folding bath tub you can find on the market, making it a great bathing tub for giant dog breeds, as well as smaller ones.
15. NHILES Portable Pet Dog Pool
- Easy to carry
- Indoor and outdoor use
- Sturdy and durable
- Easy to clean
- Lightweight: 2.47 lb
As I’ve already mentioned, my own Shih Tzu is very picky with bathing. Before I bought this tub, I was having very hard time bathing my doggy since I didn’t want to any harm to her and I wasn’t able to find any way for her to get bathed without my help.
After getting this tub, I have never had a problem bathing her. When we are at our house, I simply let her stand inside the tub and I clean her with the sprayer. When we are traveling I fill the tub with warm water to help her relax and then use shower head to clean her.
This tub is made of strong and durable plastic that can be folded easily and goes with me easily when I drive my car.
16. YAHEETECH Red Foldable Hard Plastic Kiddie Baby Large Dog Pet Bath Swimming Pool Collapsible Dog Pet Pool Bathing Tub Kiddie Pool
- The price is unbelievable
- Weighing less than 6 lbs, this pool is easy to carry
- The waterproof bottom makes 100% sure that your pet cannot leak out the water
- You can inflate it with a common pump within 10 minutes
Although this product is on the lower price spectrum just like some of its competitive products, it does not lack of good performance. It means that you are able to blow it up yourself in 10 minutes with your hand and then watch your dog play. The surface of this pool is anti-skid and comfortable, which is very important for your dog, and it comes with its own pump, so getting started is an exceptionally simple process. However, because it is relatively thin, you need to be a little bit careful when your dog jumps around inside the pool, so you don’t get hurt.
It holds up to 270L of water, so it is not for a large breed dog either. It simply doesn’t have the capacity. However, it is going to be enough for your medium or small breed dog.
17. GRULLIN Pet Swimming Pool
- Durable – Doesn’t rust easily
- It’s an easy clean bathtub too
- It can be fold easily and be put out of sight
- The cat or dog won’t move around while bathing
- Good capacity for bathing pets
- Stylish and durable
- Recommended for the dog that loves to swim
- The customer service is quite hard to reach
- The bathtub doesn’t drain the water completely
It’s hard to believe that such an attractive and stylish dog bowl is also quite a functional one and with reasonable cost.
This bathtub is designed and made for small and medium sized dogs, which capacity is about 170 gallons of water. It’s lightweight but seems quite sturdy. This dog bathtub has comfortable cushions that cover the edge of the bathtub, which protects both dogs and their owners from exterior injury.
The skid-resistant surface prevents your pet from moving when you pour water onto him. It saves the pet from slipping and possibly injuring itself. It comes with a durable dog bowl which looks quite stylish; you can put it in gardens or any open area without feeling odd about it.
18. Flying Pig Grooming 38" Stainless Steel Dog Pet Bathing Tub
- Highly rated
- Large tub with plenty of space
- Sturdy, crafted from high quality stainless steel
- Heavy to move around
- Doesn’t come with pegs to hold down the drain plug
The Flying Pig Grooming 38" dog bath tub is excellent because it comes at an affordable price, but provides all the nice features you do not often find in other tubs of this class.
It comes with a rubber stopper where the drain plug would usually be, so you can use the tub without worrying about it leaking.
This tub is extremely popular for a reason: it is crafted from high quality 304 stainless steel for a lifetime of maintenance-free use.
19. Zacro Foldable Large Dog Pool
- Easy to clean
- Good value for money
- Handles and grab-grip make for easy carrying
- Large enough for most dogs and cats
- Offers excellent drainage
In most cases, pet hoses, basins, and tubs are not only unsuitable for pets, but are dangerous and even life-threatening to them. This dog bathtub from Zacro is designed to minimize the risk of all these hazards and is efficient in containing the mess that pets leave behind.
This tub is made of heavy, high-density high quality and hard-wearing sturdy polyethylene plastic. While it is quite heavy, it is a large tub with the volume of 66 gallons. It can accommodate the needs of many different types of pet.
The tub features a removable cover that can be used as a swimming pool to keep the pets away from your sink and other areas that may have been exposed to dangerous substances. The water itself should be treated before it is given to your pets.
20. Paws for Thought Booster Bath
- Easy to use
- Large size accommodates all sizes of dogs
The Paws For Thought Booster Bath is one of the best (if not the best) tubs for dogs in the market. The Paws For Thought is made with a dual action spout system that lowers the water level and raises it to a full flow with the turn of the dial.
The adjustability ensures that it’s suitable for dogs of all sizes so you have to do a bit of measuring but once you’ve got your measurements it’s a piece of cake to install.
It weighs just over 12 pounds which is quite heavy on its own but especially combined with a full bath tub, so it helps to have someone to lift it up for you to get it into position. The molded non-slip bottom keeps it in place and helps to soak up any leaks.
21. Fuloon PVC Pet Swimming Pool Portable Foldable Pool Dogs Cats Bathing Tub Bathtub Wash Tub Water Pond Pool Pet Pool & Kiddie Pools
- Very large and spacious
- Can accommodate 2 dogs at once
- Includes a drain plug so water can be added with ease
- Easy to clean
- Not the most attractive liner
- Vinyl liner can develop mold if cleaned improperly
The Fuloon is the best pet bathtub we’ve reviewed so far, complete with a lot of upgrades to bring extra comfort to your furbabies. Unfortunately, there’s no way to enlist the animals’ opinion of this tub, so we have to go by owner’s reviews.
This tub is extremely large and can handle 2 dogs at once. The liner is very easy to clean and folds flat for convenient storage. One of the major concerns stated by owners is the liner’s lack of attractiveness, but it’s really quite easy to overlook that one.
It’s clear that the designers of this tub have not only pet owners, but animals in mind when they designed it. They really thought of everything with this one, adding a hanging sponge and two plastic leashes.
22. Pidsen Foldable Pet Swimming Pool Portable Dog Pool Kids Pets Dogs Cats Outdoor Bathing Tub Bathtub Water Pond Pool & Kiddie Pools
- VERY easy to clean
- For Pet Swimming or Bathing
- Strong and Durable Material
- Waterproof Bottom
- Perfect for Pools, Swimming, and Bath time
- Lightweight and Easy to Carry (Included a carrying bag)
- Quick and Easy Setup – Easy to clean, too
- No Backboard, Not Suitable for Small Pets like Cats & Kittens
- The Water Reservoir Is Too Small for Large-Sized Pets
- Cat Can Climb/Jump Out if Not Put in from the Opening End
The best dog bath tub in our opinion is Pidsen Foldable Pet Swimming Pool Portable Dog Pool Kids Pets Dogs Cats Outdoor Bathing Tub Bathtub Water Pond Pool & Kiddie Pools, which is not only easy to use, but also easy to clean. It will also be easy to clean if you use this dog bath tub at the home.
The inner diameter of this dog pool is 25.8 in / 65 cm and the outer diameter is 28.5 in / 72 cm. This means it will perfectly fit dogs and cats of any size.
23. PETMAKER Pet Pool and Bathing Tub-Foldable
- Easy to setup
- Rubber backing for non-slip surface
The Petmaker bath tub is undoubtedly one of the best choices you can make for your pet needs.
The first time I used it, it was almost like a magic trick. It even sent my dogs running away with sheer disgust!
The bathtub comes with a stylish zippered travel bag which I found pretty handy.
24. Alvantor Pet Swimming Pool Dog Bathing Tub Kiddie Pools Cat Puppy Shower Spa Foldable Portable Indoor Outdoor Pond Ball Pit Patent Pending
- Over 1.4K Amazon reviews
- A free floating exercise ball
- Includes a single-use chemical additive to the water to reduce odor
- Soft and comfortable sides
- Handles on the side for lifting
- Folds and rolls up for easy storage
- Integrated towel holder
- Requires thorough cleaning
- May not be deep enough for larger dogs
- Pool area is more slippery than some
- Does not dry out completely
Like always, I recommend doing your own research for what you need as this is just my opinion and you can learn more in the full review.
The Alvantor Pet Swimming Pool is an excellent product for dogs as it has a removable exercise ball that floats around the pool area, allowing your furry friend to get plenty of exercise and stay fit while enjoying a swim.
The clips on the side of this dog pool make it easy to lift out of the water. Then, you can also hang towels or whatever else you need to dry on the included racks.
25. FrontPet Foldable Dog Pool Pet Bathing Tub
- Doesn’t require much space
- Floats on water
- Cleaning is easy
- Rainproof and UV protected
- Comes with a drain plug
- Adjustable width
- Some dogs are afraid of tubs and refuse to enter
- Some dogs will not be able to leave the tub because they will inch towards the edge but they can’t climb out
- Some tubs have been known to leak water
The Foldable Dog Pool from FrontPet is the winner in my book of best pet bath tubs.
This tub is 120% easy to use; you just unpack it, unfold it, and fill it with warm water then attach your hose and let your dog enjoy a relaxing bath in his or her own tub. One caveat: if you use cold water, the water will take a while to warm up and the tub will feel harder and colder than expected which can scare your dog.
For the price this tub is an amazing buy. It’s worth every penny considering how it keeps dogs warm, can be folded, and makes bathing your dog easy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Should I bathe my dog in my bathtub?
Absolutely! Using your bathtub as your dog’s bathing tub is the best choice. There are two reasons we feel that bathing your dog in your bathtub is the safest and most effective way to bathe your dog.
Bathtubs are easier to clean when using dog shampoo and soap. Washing a dog in your bathtub will only make a mess, since most dog shampoos will stain your tub. Bathing your dog in your tub also ensures the most comfortable way to bathe your dog.
How many times the dog will take a bath?
It depends a lot because how often a dog is going to take a bath, is largely a matter of the dog’s breed or coat. For example, a Saint Bernard is going to need a bath at least monthly, but a Shih Tzu is typically bathing once every 6 months. So, if you have a fussy dog you’ll probably want to choose a bath tub that is easy to drain, and doesn’t retain too much water.
On the other hand, if you have a retriever you probably want to choose a bath tub that will retain some water, as these dogs will splash around. Retrievers can really get the water moved around inside their tub. However, if you own a small breed dog, the size of the tub is the most important aspect to consider.
Who makes the best walk in bathtub?
Danner Manufacturing Company has done an excellent job of marketing their tub and almost immediately gained widespread popularity among dog owners. It’s no wonder; the tub looks like something straight out of a show in a dog grooming parlor. It has the tub, the shampoo and the condiments all rolled into one product.
- PetRageous Wizz Pet Bath Tub
- Check Price and Availability Here
The unique design makes it difficult to compare Fetch to other tubs on the market. So instead, we are going to discuss the different things you need to consider when choosing your dog washing tub.
Is bathing your dog good?
Bathing your dog is a good thing for a number of reasons. Dogs of all ages (including puppies) benefit from regular baths. Bathing your dog has health benefits for your pup – It can help prevent skin problems, infections, fleas, and in some instances, it can even prevent ticks and fleas.
Bathing your dog is good for your dog’s health overall. It helps to get rid of illnesses they are exposed to in other places, such as at the park or in a friend’s house. Bathing your pup is also a good thing for your doggy’s mental health as well. Dogs are very sensitive to behavioral cues, and if they are feeling stressed out, taking a bath can help them relax.
These tubs have proven to be very popular among pet owners, so we figured it was high time to take a good look at each of them. We did the research for you and we’re happy to share with you our detailed reviews to help you make an informed decision.
In addition to our reviews, we also figured you’ll want to know more about your dog and the best products for it (especially its health), so we added some useful information in our FAQ section.