My 11 year old Corgi Helen has been on CBD oils for a few months now (and has loved it). It seems that CBD oil makes a big difference in her quality of life. Her arthritis in her back legs is better and she's happy again.
I have been researching CBD products for many years, but every time I decide to purchase some I get overwhelmed with the amount of options available. After spending some time going through hundreds of reviews of different CBD Oils and reading numerous customer reviews, I decided to share our find the best CBD oils for dogs with hip and joint related pain
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the many types of cannabinoids in the cannabis plant. CBD is a 22-carbon terpenophenolic compound originally isolated from the cannabis plant. It is an “inactive” cannabinoid, but when it is consumed, it is converted by the body to the "active" form, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). The main difference between CBD and THC is their chemical structure. While both are cannabinoids, they differ in structure, function, and other properties (read more about THC here).
|Billion Pets||Best Overall|
|PETITIVE Pet Hemp Oil||Budget Pick|
|Hemp Oil||Upgrade Pick|
1. Billion Pets
- Has the highest levels of CBD
- Does not contain THC which would make pets high
- Made in the USA and FDA approved
- Comes with a 100% Satisfaction guarantee
- Active ingredient is extracted from organically grown hemp
- Comes in easy-to-dispense dropper bottles
- Does not contain any fillers
- Contains natural antioxidants
- Some claims of slow results and not working for their pets
- Price might be an issue due to the fact that a bottle rarely lasts 30 days
- Giving your pet a lot of the oil at once might cause an upset stomach
Perfect for Pets that suffer from anxiety, arthritis, stress, chronic pain, and more. It comes in 3 different strengths:
- 250 mg
- 500 mg
- 1500 mg
Each strength comes in an easy-to-dispense dropper bottle.
2. Hemp Oil Dogs Cats
- Safe and good for your pet guaranteed.
- Alternative to harsh pharma medications.
- Can be used both externally and internally.
- Certain types are safe for Cats.
- Made of natural ingredients and derived from the Hemp plant.
- On top of joint pain help can also help with nervous system conditions and pain caused by inflammation.
- Very expensive after shipping.
- May take a few weeks before you notice any effect.
- Other pets in the home may end up addicted.
- Go in expecting your pet to use the bathroom abnormally.
- Not recommended for pregnant or lactating animals.
Benefits of CBD Pet Oils:
- Aid in symptom management such as decreased anxiety, inflammation, joint pain, and seizures.
- May promote a healthy digestive tract.
- May help in pain relief.
- May promote muscle recovery and growth.
Be sure to check with your veterinarian before starting your pet on any herbal supplement including CBD oils. Discuss how much to give, how often and under what circumstances. If you feel unsure it is best to consult or err on the side of caution and not use CBD oil with your furry friend.
3. Hemp Oil
Fatty Acids – No Fillers, No Artificial Ingredients – Strongest CBD Concentration – 4oz.
4. Hemp Oil
- 100% natural with no side effects
- Comes with a money-back guarantee
- Comes in a variety of flavors
- Easy to administer sublingual drops directly into your pet’s mouth
- Give your pet temporary relief from pain and joint stiffness
- Provides antioxidant benefits
- Available in three potencies: 5000mg, 10,000mg, and 15,000mg
- Helps reduce inflammation in your pet’s joints
- Can help relieve symptoms of skin, nail and ear infections
- Prevents the destruction of healthy collagen tissue in your pet’s joints
- The drops may take up to a few weeks to see any results
- While this is a very safe product, keep in mind that it is a food supplement
5. K2xLabs Max Potency Buster's Organic Hemp Oil & Treats
- Provides relief from dogs pain and inflammation
- Made in USA
- Comes with a recommended serving dosage
- Made with human grade ingredients
- Not cheap
- May cause allergic reactions in dogs
K2xLabs Max Potency Hemp Oil and Natural Treats for Dogs are a top pick for a number of reasons. It’s made from all-natural ingredients and organic hemp for both dogs and cats. The primary active ingredients are Omega 6 and Omega 3, which help improve joint health and reduces swelling and inflammation.
The 500mg oils also provide relief from stress and anxiety when used for separation anxiety as well as treats flatulence and bloating when used for intestinal relief.
6. Hemp Oil
- Made with an all-natural formula
- Provides relief from the pain of arthritis
- Effective in supporting hip & joint health
- Safe for both dogs and cats
- Made in the USA in an FDA registered lab
- Also available in a larger-size version
- Doesn’t show results with overnight use
- Some customers report the formula can be sticky
- Some reviewers state the product’s odor is a bit unpleasant
For Pets – best for dogs with arthritis, anxiety, depression, nausea.
One of the most highly rated CBD oils on Amazon is made for pets like dogs and cats. It’s a safe and effective option for your four-legged friends.
This formula is made with an all-natural formula that comes in a bottle sealed in plastic. The formula is available in a 15ml bottle containing 1400mg of CBD oil. It comes in a pinwheel-shaped syringe for easy application.
7. PETITIVE Pet Hemp Oil
- Budget friendly
- Available in several sizes
- Easy to administer
- Can be used on both dogs and cats
- Made from all-natural ingredients
- A small amount is required
- Doesn’t work immediately
- Vitamin E – Natural CBD, Full Spectrum – Relief for All Dogs, Not THC – Made in USA.
The Petitive Pet Hemp Oil is a natural alternative to traditional anti-inflammatory medication for dogs and cats. It is a proprietary blend of naturally sourced and scientifically proven ingredients, designed to help relieve pain caused by arthritis in the joints and joints. It is specifically formulated to maintain a healthy inflammatory response.
Unlike other CBD oils, Petitive doesn’t contain any THC. THC is a psychoactive component of marijuana and while it relieves pain, it can also heighten anxiety in pets. This is why any form of marijuana is never given to pets. In addition, the Petitive Pet Hemp Oil has a calming effect on dogs and cats. It helps relax their nervous system and keeps them from getting overexcited.
8. Valerio Pet Hemp Oil Dog Cat
- Promotes Wellness
- Won’t Get Your Dog High
- No Fillers or Additives
- Made From High Quality Hemp Grown in the USA
- Many Positive Pet Review from Dog Owners
- Implied by the Company to Treat Many Sets of Symptoms
- No THC or CBD Gives It a Big Advantage Over its Competition
- You need to wait for a little while till you get the delivery.
- The price may go up after a few months.
- Contains Flavors that Dogs May Not Like.
- Has an Unpleasant Smell.
- Can’t Be Refrigerated.
For Dogs, Cats, Birds, Horses, Small Pets, and of course, People too!
9. Hemp Oil
- Customers love it!
- Good for preventing seizures and relieving pain
- Tasty sounding!
- Very expensive
- Always check the expiration date!
- Can take some time to see the actual effects
One of the best CBD oils, and the winner of the award for the best CBD for dogs, comes from a company named Cibdol.
According to the reviews this company has an amazingly high quality, and their products work wonders for you and your dog.
These products are also extremely safe for your dog, making it a product that is both high quality, and doesn’t come with any bad side effects.
10. (2 Pack
- Pet-friendly Hemp Oil
- Made in the United States
- Full-Spectrum Hemp
- Dishwasher safe
- Critical Dosage
- Not all oils are equal
- Only one bag per package
- Doesn’t include testimonials
- A tad more expensive than the competition
In terms of the price and the product inside the package, this hemp oil from Colorado Wellness is a pretty decent choice – it’s solid quality for an inexpensive hemp oil. And this is evident from the customer reviews, with most of them rating this product at above 4 out of 5 stars, which is pretty high and shows that this product is doing what it’s supposed to do.
The hemp is grown in Colorado, tested, manufactured and packaged in Colorado, which is good to know because these are the things you’re looking for when buying a pet-friendly hemp oil for your furry friend. In addition, the product doesn’t go through mysterious processes that are hard to decipher, making this product transparent and easy to understand.
Keep in mind that hemp-derived CBD oils will come in the form of either isolate or full-spectrum extract.
Isolate is separated and lacks much (if not most) of the original plant compounds, whereas full-spectrum extract includes the other compounds found in the hemp plant.
Hemp-derived CBD oils that are high in CBD will come from either a full-spectrum extract or a pure isolate.
|Billion Pets||Best Overall|
|PETITIVE Pet Hemp Oil||Budget Pick|
|Hemp Oil||Upgrade Pick|